Zoe Saldana Bio
Zoe Saldana-Perego (known professionally as Zoe Saldana), born Zoe Yadira Saldaña Nazario on 19 June 1978 in Passaic, New Jersey, is an American actress and dancer. She is best known for her roles in feature films, like the Star Trek series (2009, 2013 and 2016) and Avatar (2009).
Zoe Saldana studied various forms of dance since her youth. In 1995 she started her professional career when she began performing with the FACES theater group in Brooklyn as well as the New York Youth Theater. She made her television debut in two episodes of Law & Order in 1999.
Thanks to her dance training and acting experience, she landed her first film role in the teen drama Center Stage in 2000. She made her breakthrough in 2009 in the movies Star Trek and Avatar.
Zoe Saldana Personal Details
- Born Name: Zoe Yadira Saldaña Nazario
- Age (in 2017): 39
- Date of Birth: June 19, 1978
- Birthplace: Passaic, New Jersey, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Occupation: Actress, Dancer Ballet
- Net worth: 14 Million
- Official Website: –
- Official Twitter: @xoesaldana
Zoe Saldana Family Tree
- Husband name: Marco Perego
- Boy: Bowie Ezio Perego-Saldana
- Boy: Cy Aridio Perego-Saldana
- Father name: Aridio Saldaña
- Mother name: Asalia Nazario
- Sister: Mariel Saldaña Nazario
- Sister: Cisley Saldaña Nazario
- Half-brother: Nipo
- Father-in-Law name: Ezio Perego
Zoe Saldana Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Zoe Saldana with her past and current boyfriend details.
Zoe Saldana dated:
- Keith Britton (2000-November 2011) – Zoe Saldana dated American actor Keith Britton, and the couple became engaged in June 2010. The engagement was later called off.
- Bradley Cooper (December 2011-December 2012) – Zoe Saldana dated American actor Bradley Cooper.
- Marco Perego (March 2013-PRESENT) – Zoe Saldana secretly married Italian artist Marco Perego in June 2013 in London. In a reversal of tradition, Zoe Saldana became Zoe Saldana-Perego or Zoe Perego, and Marco Perego became Marco Perego-Saldana or Marco Saldana. They have twin sons together.
Zoe Saldana Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Zoe Saldana Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 5′ 7″
- Height in Centimeters: 170 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 119 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 54 kg
- Body Measurements in Inches: 33-25-32 inches
- Body Measurements in Centimeters: 84-64-81 cm
- Bra Size: 32A
- Cup Size: A
Zoe Saldana isn’t a fan of crash diets. Instead, her diet philosophy is all about being well balanced. She follows the 80/20 rule, which is 80 percent healthy and 20 percent everything else. Due to her autoimmune disease, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, she adheres to a gluten- and dairy-free diet. She loves eating protein, like fish, chicken or steak, but will also have quinoa for iron. One of her favorite foods is chicken soup. Because of her Latino descent, she also enjoys rice and beans.
- Breakfast: eggs or mashed avocados and sliced tomatoes on toast, with a green juice.
- After a workout: protein-packed foods, like grilled honey ginger chicken, quinoa and zucchini.
- Late-night snack: popcorn, like White Cheddar Skinny Pop, Cape Cod’s Salted Caramel Popcorn and Thai Coconut Curry Pop Art Popcorn.
After gaining an estimated 70 pounds while pregnant with her twin boys, Zoe Saldana lost the weight in preparation for the next Star Trek movie in under a year.
While working out with her trainer, she does a full body workout with an emphasis on staying lean and strong. She will do a leg exercise (like squats), followed by a core exercise (like plank push-ups), followed by a cardio exercise (like Jumping Lunges).
Apart from working out in the gym with her trainer, Zoe Saldana also does Pilates and power yoga regularly.
Zoe Saldana Fun Facts
Zoe Saldana Quotes
“People think of Latina women as being fiery and fierce, which is usually true. But I think the quality that so many Latinas possess is strength. I’m very proud to have Latin blood.”
“Glamour is about feeling good in your own skin.”
“I want to be in the small percentage of women who don’t settle for conventional roles.”