Tyson Beckford Bio
Tyson Beckford, born on 19 December 1970 in The Bronx, New York, is an American fashion model and actor. He is best known as a Ralph Lauren Polo model, and is considered to be the most successful male supermodel of all time.
Tyson Beckford was recruited to hip hop magazine The Source by a talent scout in 1992. In 1993 he was recruited as the front model for Ralph Lauren’s Polo line of male sportswear. He made his film debut in 2000 with a small role in the drama film Boricua’s Bond, and he made his television debut in episodes of My Wife and Kids in 2002.
In 2003 he appeared on the celebrity reality game show I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here!, and he also co-hosted the modeling contest Make Me a Supermodel. In 2012 he participated in the dating game show The Choice.
Tyson Beckford Personal Details
- Born Name: Tyson Beckford
- Age (in 2017): 47
- Date of Birth: December 19, 1970
- Birthplace: Rochester, New York, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Occupation: Actor, Model
- Net worth: 14 Million
- Official Website: http://www.tysoncbeckford.com/
- Official Twitter: @TysonCBeckford
Tyson Beckford Family Tree
- Wife name: Not married
- Boy: Jordan Beckford
- Father name: Lloyd Beckford
- Mother name: Hillary Dixon Hall
- Brother: Patrick Beckford
Tyson Beckford Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Tyson Beckford with his past and current girlfriend details.
Tyson Beckford dated:
- Audrey Quock – Tyson Beckford had an encounter with Asian-American model and actress Audrey Quock.
- Tatyana Ali – Tyson Beckford had an encounter with American actress, model and singer Tatyana Ali.
- Bridget Hall (1996) – Tyson Beckford had an encounter with American model Bridget Hall.
- April Roomet (1997-1999) – Tyson Beckford dated celebrity stylist April Roomet. They have one child together.
- Nikki Giavasis (2001-2002) – Tyson Beckford dated American model Nikki Giavasis.
- Tiffany Limos (2002) – Tyson Beckford had an encounter with American actress Tiffany Limos.
- Alicia Hall (2005) – Tyson Beckford had an encounter with American model Alicia Hall.
- Foxy Brown (2005) – Tyson Beckford had an encounter with American rapper Foxy Brown.
- Imogen Thomas (2007) – Tyson Beckford had an encounter with Welsh model Imogen Thomas.
- Shanina Shaik (2008-2015) – Tyson Beckford dated Australian model Shanina Shaik, whom he met while filming the Australian version of Make Me a Supermodel.
- CariDee English (March 2008-2010) – Tyson Beckford dated America’s Next Top Model star CariDee English.
- Berniece Julien (2009) – Tyson Beckford dated Berniece Julien. The couple may have been married, but it is not certain what the status of their relationship was.
- Paige Butcher (2009) – Tyson Beckford dated American model Paige Butcher.
Tyson Beckford Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Tyson Beckford Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 6′ 0″
- Height in Centimeters: 183 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 176 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 80 kg
Tyson Beckford mainly eats seafood, vegetables and healthy fats, and he does not eat red meat or pork. His favorite foods are fish, kale and salad, and he does not eat rice often. He avoids sugary foods and alcohol. Furthermore, he drinks at least eight bottles of water a day, and rarely drinks soda.
- Breakfast: whole wheat toast, sometimes oatmeal, egg whites and some kind of protein, with juice and tea.
- Snacks throughout the day: vegetables
Tyson Beckford pairs cardio and strength training, and has been doing a routine of calisthenics since he was 13 years old. Every morning, after stretching, he does 500 to 1000 push-ups (on his military-grade steel Beckford Bar) and 300 to 600 sit-ups. He does some weights, but tries not to overdo weights to avoid muscle spasm. To keep his body toned he also runs, does SoulCycle classes and lots of jump roping.
Tyson Beckford Fun Facts
Tyson Beckford Quotes
“You can get a new phone or new trainers (sneakers) but you’ve only got one body so you have to look after it. I don’t smoke, or drink a lot of alcohol, and I train almost every day.”
“In fashion, there’s a lack of strong male images. And there’s a huge lack of strong African American images. I noticed over the past thirteen years, Ralph and those guys have used guys that looked similar to me. And I was happy for those guys, but eventually I said, ‘Enough is enough, I’m just going to go in and take my job back.’”
“I thank God every day. That’s all I can do. That, and try to help all those other guys who are trying to do what I did.”