Tyrese Gibson Bio
Tyrese Darnell Gibson, born on 30 December 30 1978 in Los Angeles, California, is an American singer, songwriter, actor, author, television producer, former fashion model and MTV VJ. He is also known mononymously as Tyrese.
He was raised by his mother as a single parent, along with his three siblings. Tyrese Gibson attended Florida A&M University. His raise to stardom began in 1994, when appeared in a Coca-Cola advertisement and sang the phrase “always Coca-Cola”.
On 29 September 1998, the R&B/hip-hop singer released his self-titled album Tyrese at the age of 19. Later that same year he became the new host of a weekday music video show, MTV Jams, on MTV, and a host and video jockey for the channel. Between 1998 and 2015 Tyrese Gibson released seven studio albums in total.
In 2000 Tyrese Gibson appeared in his first movie role in the film Love Song. However, he is best known for his roles as Joseph “Jody” Summers in Baby Boy (2001), and as Roman Pearce in the Fast and the Furious series (2003-2017). He also played the role of Robert Epps in the Transformers movies (2007-2017).
On 8 May 2012, Tyrese Gibson released his first book, a self-help book entitled How to Get Out of Your Own Way, which became a New York Times best seller. He followed up on 5 February 2013, when he co-authored his second book, Manology: Secrets of Your Man’s Mind Revealed, along with close personal friend, Rev. Run – which also became a New York Times best seller. In 2013, he announced that he was working on a third book entitled Black Rose.
Tyrese Gibson Personal Details
- Born Name: Tyrese Darnell Gibson
- Age (in 2017): 39
- Date of Birth: December 30, 1978
- Birthplace: Watts, California, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Occupation: Rapper, Actor
- Net worth: 25 Million
- Official Website: http://tyreseonline.com/
- Official Twitter: @Tyrese
Tyrese Gibson Family Tree
- Wife name: Norma Gibson (Divorced)
- Girlfriend: Lyndriette Kristal Smith
- Daughter: Shayla Somer Gibson
- Daughter: Jody
- Daughter: Jordenn
- Daughter: Zendaya Raquel Maree Stoermer Coleman
- Father name: Tyrone Gibson
- Mother name: Priscilla Murray Gibson (née Durham)
Tyrese Gibson Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Tyrese Gibson with his past and current girlfriend details.
Tyrese Gibson dated:
- Jill Marie Jones (January 1990-August 1994) – Jill Marie Jones is an American actress.
- Taraji P. Henson (January 1995-October 2003) – The couple have two children together: Jody (born 23 July 23 1997) and Jordenn (born 17 June 2003).
- Brittany Daniel (September 1995-December1995) – The couple has a daughter together: Zendaya Raquel Maree Stoermer Coleman.
- Keshia Knight Pulliam (September 1995-November 1995) – Tyrese Gibson had quick fling with American actress Keshia Knight Pulliam.
- Meagan Good (1998-April 2006) – Tyrese Gibson and American actress Meagan Good had an on/off relationship for a few years.
- Brandy Norwood (2002-2009) – Tyrese Gibson and American singer Brandy Norwood had an on/off relationship for a seven years. (RUMOR)
- Norma Mitchell (2002-January 2009) – After meeting in London, where Norma Mitchell was a college student, the couple dated for five years. They became engaged on 15 July 2007, and married five days later on 20 July 2007. The pair separated in January 2009, and officially divorced in July 2009. The divorce was highly publicized. They have a daughter together: Shayla Somer (born 11 July 2007).
- Rosci (2003-2006) – Rosci is an American TV show host.
- Melyssa Ford (2007) – Tyrese Gibson briefly dated the American model Melyssa Ford.
- Cameron Diaz (2007) – Tyrese Gibson had an encounter with the popular American actress Cameron Diaz.
- Simply Jess (2007) – Simply Jess is a model.
- Leona Lewis (2008) – RUMOR
- Claudia Jordan (2009) – Tyrese Gibson had an encounter with Claudia Jordan in 2009.
- Daphne Joy (2011) – Tyrese Gibson had an encounter with the Filipina model Daphne Joy.
- Maya (2011) – Tyrese Gibson had fling with Maya.
- Rozonda ‘Chilli’ Thomas (2012-2013) – Rozonda ‘Chilli’ Thomas is an American singer.
- Lyndriette Kristal Smith (2013-PRESENT) – Tyrese Gibson is dating musician Lyndriette Kristal Smith.
Tyrese Gibson Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Tyrese Gibson Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 5′ 11″
- Height in Centimeters: 180 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 172 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 78 kg
Tyrese Gibson is known for his ribbed body, with chiseled abs, but after he starred Annapolis he let himself go and gained 50 pounds of fat. He realized that he needed to revert to his former self, and did so through hard work.
Tyrese Gibson follows a healthy diet of lean meats (like baked chicken or fish) with a fresh salad.
For lunch he eats a scoop of tuna on lettuce.
He focuses on a workout routine with drop sets. For example, he would take 100 pound weights and exercise for 3 reps then drop down to 90 pounds then 80 then 70 all the way to failure.
He runs 5 miles a day, 5 days a week. He also does a lot of weight lifting.
Tyrese Gibson Fun Facts
Tyrese Gibson Career Highlights
- 2000 – American Music Awards: Favorite New R&B/Soul Artist (Tyrese Gibson)
- 2012 – NAACP Image Awards: Pinnacle Award (Trumpet Awards)
- 2012 – Soul Train Music Awards: Song of the Year (Stay)
Grammy Award nominations
- 2000 – Best R&B Male Vocal Performance (Sweet Lady)
- 2004 – Best R&B Male Vocal Performance (How U Gonna Act Like That)
- 2013 – Best R&B Album (Open Invitation)
- 2014 – Best R&B Album (Three Kings with Ginuwine and Tank as TGT)
- 2016 – Best Traditional R&B Performance (Shame)
- 2016 – Best R&B Song (Shame)
Tyrese Gibson Quotes
“I’m a Capricorn and I have visions. If you have gifts and talents and ideas, and you hold your breath on those too long, something is gonna die.”