Taye Diggs Bio
Scott Leo “Taye” Diggs, born on 2 January 1971 in Newark, New Jersey, is an American actor. He is best known for his roles in the Broadway musicals Hedwig and the Angry Inch and Rent, the television series Private Practice (2007–2013) and the films How Stella Got Her Groove Back (1998), The Best Man (1999) and The Best Man Holiday (2013).
Taye Diggs made his Broadway debut in the 1994 Tony Award-winning revival of the musical Carousel. In 1996 he made his television debut in an episode of New York Undercover, and he made his film debut in 1998 in the romantic comedy How Stella Got Her Groove Back.
In 2015 he wrote two children’s book, Mixed Me! and Chocolate Me, which was published by FSG. He also hosted the game show Hypnotize Me, with hypnotist Keith Barry, in 2016.
Taye Diggs Personal Details
- Born Name: Scott Leo Diggs
- Age (in 2017): 46
- Date of Birth: January 2, 1971
- Birthplace: Newark, New Jersey, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Occupation: Actor
- Net worth: 22 Million
- Official Website: –
- Official Twitter: @TayeDiggs
Taye Diggs Family Tree
- Wife name: Idina Menzel (Divorced)
- Girlfriend: Amanza Smith Brown
- Boy: Walker Nathaniel Diggs
- Father name: Andre Young
- Stepfather: Jeffries Diggs
- Mother name: Marcia (née Berry)
- Brother: Gabriel Diggs
- Brother: Michael Diggs
- Sister: Shalom Diggs
- Sister: Christian Diggs
Taye Diggs Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Taye Diggs with his past and current girlfriend details.
Taye Diggs dated:
- Idina Menzel (1996-December 2013) – Taye Diggs married Rent co-star Idina Menzel on 11 January 2003. They have one child together. The couple separated in 2013, and their divorce was finalized on 3 December 2014.
- Amanza Smith Brown (2014-PRESENT) – Taye Diggs is dating Amanza Smith Brown.
Taye Diggs Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Taye Diggs Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 5′ 10″
- Height in Centimeters: 178 cm
- Weight in Pounds: – pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: – kg
Taye Diggs follows a diet low in carbohydrate, which allows him to limit his daily caloric intake, and high in protein and fat. He often supplements his breakfast with a protein shake, and then he tries to stick with chicken and salad for dinner.
- Breakfast: eggs, fresh vegetables, low carb biscuits, milk and cereal
- Mid-morning snacks: fruits and nuts
- Lunch: salads, soups, rolls and wraps with low carb vegetables and fruits
- Dinner: Chicken breast or low carb pasta
Taye Diggs works out with a personal trainer, who takes him through intense circuit workouts combining strength training, boxing and cardio. His exercise routine also includes lifting weights and Pilates, and he loves playing basketball.
Taye Diggs used to work out six days a week three hours a day, but since becoming a father he has had to reduce his workout time to three days a week for 45 minutes a day.
Taye Diggs Fun Facts
Taye Diggs Quotes
“I’m always singing and dancing and getting up in people’s faces.”
“Live theater is my favorite of all the mediums that I have worked in, so I have every intention on coming back to Broadway.”