Sigourney Weaver Bio
Susan Alexandra “Sigourney” Weaver, born on 8 October 1949 in Manhattan, New York, is an American actress and film producer. She adopted the name Sigourney Weaver from F. Scott Fitzgerald’s novel The Great Gatsby. She graduated with a Master of Fine Arts degree at the Yale University School of Drama in 1974.
Sigourney Weaver made her screen debut in an episode of Somerset in 1976. In 1977 she made her film debut in Woody Allen’s Annie Hall. She came to prominence with her first lead role as Ellen Ripley in Alien in 1979. Her two most critically acclaimed performances came in 1988, when she starred in the films Gorillas in the Mist and Working Girl.
Since then, Sigourney Weaver has become a renowned name in television, film and theatre, and has acquired the nickname of “the Sci-Fi Queen” for her numerous contributions to science-fiction film industry. She has also narrated and appeared in several documentaries.
Sigourney Weaver Personal Details
- Born Name: Susan Alexandra Weaver
- Age (in 2017): 68
- Date of Birth: October 8, 1949
- Birthplace: Manhattan, New York City, New York
- Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Occupation: Actress
- Net worth: 45 Million
- Official Website: –
- Official Twitter: –
Sigourney Weaver Family Tree
- Husband name: Jim Simpson
- Daughter: Charlotte Simpson
- Father name: Sylvester “Pat” Weaver (Deceased)
- Mother name: Elizabeth Inglis (née Desiree Mary Lucy Hawkins) (Deceased)
- Brother: Trajan Weaver
- Uncle: Doodles Weaver (Paternal)
- Cousin: Janella J. Weaver (Paternal)
- Cousin: Winstead B. Weaver (Paternal)
- Grandmother name: Margaret Inglis (Maternal)
- Grandfather name: Alan George Hawkins (Maternal)
- Grandmother name: Annabel Dixon (Paternal)
- Grandfather name: Sylvester Laflin Weaver (Paternal)
Sigourney Weaver Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Sigourney Weaver with her past and current boyfriend details.
Sigourney Weaver dated:
- Aaron Latham (1966-1967) – Sigourney Weaver was briefly engaged to reporter Aaron Latham.
- James McClure (1978) – James McClure was a Unionist politician, who died in 2014.
- Jim Simpson (1983-PRESENT) – Sigourney Weaver married stage director Jim Simpson on 1 October 1984. They have one child together.
Sigourney Weaver Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Sigourney Weaver Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 6′ 0″
- Height in Centimeters: 183 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 146 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 66 kg
- Body Measurements in Inches: 35-26-36 inches
- Body Measurements in Centimeters: 89-66-91 cm
- Bra Size: 34B
- Cup Size: B
Diet and Exercise Routine
Sigourney Weaver had to prepare her body for four months of rigorous filming for the 1986 sci-fi action movie Aliens. She attributes her lean and muscular physique to moderate exercise and sensible eating habits. To increase her muscular strength she combined Pilates with weight training. Her resistance training consisted of compound exercises, including dumbbell chest presses, squats, shoulder presses and rows.
Sigourney Weaver Fun Facts
Sigourney Weaver Career Highlights & Awards
- 1986 – Saturn Awards: Best Actress (Aliens)
- 1988 – Golden Globes: Best Actress – Motion Picture Drama (Gorillas in the Mist)
- 1988 – Golden Globes: Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture (Working Girl)
- 1997 – BAFTA Awards: Best Supporting Actress (The Ice Storm)
- 2001 – Chicago International Film Festival: Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2004 – Empire Awards: Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2006 – Edinburgh International Film Festival: Diamond Award
- 2009 – Saturn Awards: Best Supporting Actress (Avatar)
- 2010 – Scream Awards: Heroine Award
- 2013 – Golden Camera (Germany): Best International Actress
Sigourney Weaver Quotes
“When I look around the world, I don’t see too many damsels in distress. If they’re a damsel in distress, they’re manipulating some guy to help them.”
“When I was in college, I did sort of want to be a journalist. Being an actor, you kind of have the same interest. You go into a story, and you tell it from your point of view for people who aren’t there. That’s what an actor does with a character. But the real life is more interesting.”