Seth Rogen Bio
Seth Aaron Rogen, born 15 April 1982 in Vancouver, British Columbia, is a Canadian-American actor, filmmaker, and comedian. Bred from an American-born father and a Canadian mother, he is of Russian Jewish descent.
He began his career performing stand-up comedy during his teenage years, winning the Vancouver Amateur Comedy Contest in 1998 at 16 years of age. His acting career started when he landed a supporting role in the series Freaks and Geeks, and he moved to Portland, Oregon.
After playing the supporting roles in five movies, his breakthrough came when Universal Studios greenlit him for the lead in the romantic comedy Knocked Up (2007), alongside Katherine Heigl. Since then, he has appeared in several TV series and acted, produced, and directed many films as well.
Seth Rogen Personal Details
- Born Name: Seth Aaron Rogen
- Age (in 2017): 35
- Date of Birth: April 15, 1982
- Birthplace: Vancouver, Canada
- Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Occupation: Actor
- Net worth: 45 Million
- Official Website: –
- Official Twitter: @Sethrogen
Seth Rogen Family Tree
- Wife name: Lauren Miller
- No children
- Father name: Mark Rogen
- Mother name: Sandy Rogen
- Sister: Dayna Rogen
- Father-in-Law name: Scott Miller
- Mother-in-Law name: Adele Miller
- Brother-in-Law name: Danny Miller
Seth Rogen Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Seth Rogen with his past and current girlfriend details.
Seth Rogen dated:
- Lauren Miller (2004-PRESENT) – Seth Rogen began dating writer/actress Lauren Miller in 2004. The two met while he was working on Da Ali G Show. The couple became engaged on 29 September 2010, and married on 2 October 2011 in Sonoma County, California, USA, where they continue to reside.
Seth Rogen Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Seth Rogen Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 5′ 11″
- Height in Centimeters: 180 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 190 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 86 kg
Seth Rogen has always been known as the chubby and lovable comedic star that Hollywood has grown to love. But, when he learned about landing the coveted leading role for the movie Green Hornet, he knew that he had to get in shape. Seth Rogen lost 30 pounds in about 10 weeks.
Weight Loss Before and After
- Before: 220 lbs. (99.8 kg)
- After: 190 lbs. (86.2 kg)
How did Seth Rogen Lose Weight?
Seth followed the ‘five factor weight loss diet’, which is: a 5 week plan, 5 meals a day, 5 ingredient meals, 25 minute workouts and 5 cheat days in 5 weeks.
25 minute workout:
- 5 minute warm up
- 5 minute upper body
- 5 minute lower body
- 5 minute cardio
- 5 minute stretching
- Exercise One: Barbell bench Press
- Exercise Two: Weighted Pull Ups
- Exercise Three: Iso Incline bench press
- Exercise Four: Barbell Row
5 meals a day, 5 ingredients a day:
- Each meal should constitute of complex carbohydrates, lean protein, low GI fiber and good fat.
- Sources of lean protein would be: Turkey, fish, egg whites and pork chops.
- Complex carbs include: Brown rice, wheat bread, vegetables and cereal.
- Sources of good fat are: olive oil, walnuts, almonds and fish.
Seth Rogen Fun Facts
Seth Rogen Career Highlights
- 2007 – High Times Stony Award: Stoner of the Year
- 2008 – Canadian Comedy Award: Best Writing – Film (Superbad)
- 2008 – Canadian Comedy Award: Canadian Comedy Person of the Year
- 2008 – ShoWest: Comedy Star of the Year (Knocked Up and Superbad)
- 2014 – Denver Film Critics Society Award: Best Comedy Film (This Is the End)
- 2014 – MTV Movie Award: Best Musical Sequence (This Is the End)
- 2014 – American Comedy Award: Funniest Motion Picture (This Is the End)
- 2014 – American Comedy Award: Best Comedy Director – Film (This Is the End)
- 2014 – Women Film Critics Circle Award: Merry Macho Award (The Interview)
Seth Rogen Quotes
“I just loved comedy, and I think it was my parents who initially brought up the notion of me trying to do stand-up.”
“When I first moved to LA, I went out to meet with agencies, and one of them asked me what my goals were. I said “to be in a Kevin Smith movie”. That goal has not changed.”
Seth Rogen Interesting Facts
- He started Hilarity for Charity movement, to inspire change and raise awareness of Alzheimer’s disease among the Millennial Generation.
- He is a member of NORML and an open marijuana user.
- He dropped out of high school to move to Los Angeles.
- He was ranked #20 on Entertainment Weekly’s ’30 Under 30′ the actors list in 2008.
- He studied for and had his Bar Mitzvah (the coming-of-age service that Jewish boys celebrate) at age 13.
- He is left-handed.