Serena Williams Bio
Serena Jameka Williams, born on 26 September 1981 in Saginaw, Michigan, is an American professional tennis player. She is regarded by some as the greatest female tennis player of all time, with The Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) ranking her world No. 1 in singles on six separate occasions.
Serena Williams started playing tennis at the age of three. At the age of 14, she played her first professional event at the Bell Challenge in 1995 but lost in the first round of qualifying. In 1998 she won her first mixed doubles titles (with Max Mirnyi) at Wimbledon and the US Open and won her first professional doubles title (with her sister Venus Williams) in Oklahoma City. She won her first professional singles title at the Open Gaz de France in 1999.
With 38 major titles, Serena Williams holds the most major titles in singles, doubles and mixed doubles combined among both male and female active players. She holds 22 major singles titles, 14 major women’s doubles titles and 2 major mixed doubles titles. She has also won four Olympic gold medals.
Serena Williams Personal Details
- Born Name: Serena Jameka Williams
- Age (in 2017): 36
- Date of Birth: September 26, 1981
- Birthplace: Saginaw, Michigan, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Occupation: Sport, Tennis
- Net worth: 150 Million
- Official Website: http://serenawilliams.com/
- Official Twitter: @serenawilliams
Serena Williams Family Tree
- Wife/Husband name: Not married
- Fiancé: Alexis Ohanian
- No children
- Father name: Richard Williams
- Mother name: Oracene Price
- Sister: Venus Williams
- Half-sister: Yetunde Williams (Maternal)
- Half-sister: Lyndrea (Maternal)
- Half-sister: Isha Price (Maternal)
- Half-brother: Richard Williams III (Paternal)
- Half-brother: Dylan Starr Williams (Paternal)
- Grandmother name: Julia Mae Williams (Paternal)
- Nephew: Jeffrey Jr. Yetunde Price
- Nephew: Jair Bobbitt
- Nephew: Justus Bobbitt
Serena Williams Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Serena Williams with her past and current boyfriend details.
Serena Williams dated:
- Corey Maggette – Serena Williams dated American former professional basketball player Corey Maggette.
- Columbus Short – Serena Williams dated American choreographer, actor and singer Columbus Short.
- Gregory Michael – Serena Williams dated American actor Gregory Michael.
- Keyshawn Johnson (2002-2003) – Serena Williams dated American former professional football player Keyshawn Johnson.
- Brett Ratner (2004-2006) – Serena Williams dated American film director Brett Ratner.
- Common (2007-2010) – Serena Williams dated American musician and actor Common.
- Jackie Long (April 2007-January 2008) – Serena Williams dated American actor Jackie Long.
- Hosea Chanchez (March 2008) – Serena Williams dated American actor Hosea Chanchez.
- Amare Stoudemire (August 2010) – Serena Williams dated American basketball player Amare Stoudemire.
- Drake (2011-2015) – Serena Williams is rumored to have dated Canadian singer Drake.
- Grigor Dimitrov (2012) – Serena Williams had an encounter with Bulgarian professional tennis player Grigor Dimitrov.
- Patrick Mouratoglou (June 2012-August 2015) – Serena Williams dated French tennis player Patrick Mouratoglou.
- Alexis Ohanian (October 2015-PRESENT) – Serena Williams announced her engagement to Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian on 29 December 2016.
Serena Williams Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Serena Williams Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 5′ 10″
- Height in Centimeters: 178 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 155 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 70 kg
Serena Williams follows a clean diet of natural raw foods. Her diet also centers on smaller portions for meals. She eats a lot of grilled or baked fish or chicken and steamed veggies. She is allergic to wheat.
- Breakfast: a cup of steel cut oats topped with strawberry, tangerines and almond butter.
- After breakfast: all natural metabolism boosting pills.
- Late morning snack: toasted almond butter (combined with toasted coconuts) sandwich on Ezekiel bread.
- Lunch: salad with 1 Cup romaine lettuce, 1 cup spinach leaves, mandarin oranges, cherry tomatoes, lime juice, sliced almonds, sprouts, onions, pita croutons and a lime balsamic vinaigrette.
- After lunch: all natural metabolism boosting pills.
- Afternoon snack: 4 ounces grilled chicken tenders with low sugar honey mustard sauce, and a fat burning miracle drink of Matcha green tea, lemon juice, cinnamon and MCT Oil.
- Dinner: 6 ounces grilled Cod with a Chili Lime Glaze Sauce, 1 Cup brown Rice topped with chia seeds and Hemp Seeds and a side Salad with shrimp and fresh veggies.
Serena Williams does the following workout routine early in the day:
- 10-minute dynamic warm-up
- Compound exercises: barbell front squat, barbell pause squat and barbell box squat (3-5 sets; 8-12 reps)
- Circuit style core exercises (with little rest in between): bicycle crunch, lower leg horizontal crunch, vertical leg crunch and pillar holds
- Intense lower body compound movements (performed in a superset): dumbbell walking lunges and dumbbell step ups (3 sets; 8-12 reps)
- She normally does a few hours of tennis practice, followed by an hour or two of cardio and strengthening in the gym.
- She runs a half-mile uphill to her sister Venus Williams’ house instead of driving.
- She does Pilates and Bikram yoga two or three times a week.
Serena Williams Fun Facts
Serena Williams Quotes
“I think of myself as two different people. There’s the Serena Williams that everyone knows: She’s crazy. She can’t make a mistake. And she’s angry and just not nice, to be honest. I’m only that person for three hours a day, when I’m on the court. The rest of the time I’m just Serena. I’m the class clown.”
“I hate working out more than anything, but I have to — when I’m running, I think about how much I want to win.”
“I’ve been like this my whole life, and I embrace me and I love how I look. I love that I am a full woman, and I’m strong and I’m powerful and I’m beautiful at the same time. And there’s nothing wrong with that.”