Russell Crowe Bio
Russell Ira Crowe, born on 7 April 1964 in Wellington is a New Zealander actor, film producer and musician. He is best known for his award-winning leading roles in Hollywood films, like Gladiator (2000) and A Beautiful Mind (2001).
Russel Crowe began his performing career in New Zealand as a musician in the early 1980s, when he performed under the stage name Russ Le Roq. After moving to Australia, at 21 years of age, he landed his first professional role in a production of The Rocky Horror Show from 1986 to 1988. He made his television debut in 1987 on four episodes of the Australian soap opera Neighbours, and he made his film debut in 1990 in the Australian feature film Prisoners of the Sun.
In 1995 he made his Hollywood debut in the films The Quick and the Dead, No Way Back, Virtuosity and Rough Magic. Among many other awards, Russell Crowe has won one Academy Award, four Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts Awards and one British Academy Film Award.
Russell Crowe Personal Details
- Born Name: Russell Ira Crowe
- Age (in 2017): 53
- Date of Birth: April 7, 1964
- Birthplace: Wellington, New Zealand
- Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Occupation: Actor
- Net worth: 75 Million
- Official Website: http://russellcroweonline.com/
- Official Twitter: @russellcrowe
Russell Crowe Family Tree
- Wife name: Danielle Spencer (Separated)
- Girlfriend: Terri Irwin (RUMOR)
- Boy: Charles Spencer Crowe
- Boy: Tennyson Spencer Crowe
- Father name: John Alexander Crowe
- Mother name: Jocelyn Yvonne Crowe (née Wemyss)
- Brother: Terry Crowe
- Grandfather name: Stan Wemyss (Maternal)
- Grandfather name: John Doubleday Crowe (Paternal)
- Uncle name: Dave Crowe (Paternal)
- Cousin name: Martin Crowe (Paternal)
- Cousin name: Jeff Crowe (Paternal)
Russell Crowe Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Russell Crowe with his past and current girlfriend details.
Russell Crowe dated:
- Jamie O’Neal (1988) – Russell Crowe dated Australian musician Jamie O’Neal.
- Danielle Spencer (1989-October 2012) – Russell Crowe married Australian singer Danielle Spencer on 7 April 2003 at his cattle property in Nana Glen, New South Wales, after the couple had an on/off relationship. They have two children together. The couple later separated.
- Jodie Foster (1999) – Russell Crowe dated American actress Jodie Foster.
- Meg Ryan (November 1999-January 2001) – Russell Crowe dated his Proof of Life co-star Meg Ryan.
- Erica Baxter (2000) – Russell Crowe dated Erica Baxter.
- Heather Graham (2001) – Russell Crowe had an encounter with American actress Heather Graham.
- Peta Wilson (January 2001) – Russell Crowe had an encounter with Australian actress Peta Wilson.
- Nicole Kidman (2002) – Russell Crowe had a rumored encounter with Australian actress Nicole Kidman. (RUMOR)
- Jennifer Connelly (2002) – Russell Crowe had a rumored encounter with American actress Jennifer Connelly. (RUMOR)
- Dita Von Teese (December 2012) – Russell Crowe had a rumored encounter with American dancer Dita Von Teese. (RUMOR)
- Katie Lee (December 2012) – Russell Crowe had an encounter with American chef Katie Lee.
- Samantha Barks (February 2013) – Russell Crowe had a rumored encounter with British actress Samantha Barks. (RUMOR)
- Terri Irwin (November 2016-PRESENT) – Russell Crowe is rumored to be dating Australian personality Terri Irwin.
Russell Crowe Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Russell Crowe Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 6′ 0″
- Height in Centimeters: 183 cm
- Weight in Pounds: – pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: – kg
For his role in the 1999 film The Insider, Russell Crowe gained 50 pounds (23 kg).
For his role in the 2008 film Body Of Lies, Russell Crowe gained 63 pounds (29 kg) and bulked up to 257 pounds (117 kg). He achieved the weight gain through a high-fat diet of Sprinkles cupcakes and cheeseburgers for breakfast.
For his role in the 2016 film The Nice Guys, Russell Crowe gained 60 pounds (27 kg). According to him, he gained the weight because he wanted to be the physical juxtaposition of costar Ryan Gosling.
For his role in the 2000 film Gladiator, Russell Crowe had to shed the weight he gained for the film The Insider. He lost over 40 pounds (18 kg) by consuming six to eight small meals a day, which consisted of lean proteins, complex carbohydrates and healthy monounsaturated fats. He also chose high-fiber fruits and vegetables and consumed one gram of protein per pound of his body weight to maximize muscle gain. Furthermore, he consumed protein supplements and drank a gallon of water a day.
Russell Crowe lost 52 pounds (24 kg) in 2016, after piling on the pounds for the film The Nice Guy. He weighed 268 pounds (122 kg) in August 2015, and by March 2016 he had slimmed down to 216 pounds (98 kg).
For the film Gladiator:
Russell Crowe’s training routine, to get into fighting shape, included intense boxing workouts, fighting drills, long distance cycling and weight lifting. He also did sword training. He devoted one hour a day to training.
Russell Crowe Fun Facts
Russell Crowe Quotes
“People accuse me of being arrogant all the time. I’m not arrogant, I’m focused.”
“I have a passion for music, and I enjoy the process of expressing myself within the parameters of a pop song, and I don’t do it to seek anybody’s approval, necessarily. Obviously, you go on stage, and you enjoy it when people respond to a particular song, but the overall concept of playing music I do for myself.”
“I’d move to Los Angeles if New Zealand and Australia were swallowed up by a tidal wave, if there was a bubonic plague in England and if the continent of Africa disappeared from some Martian attack.”