Rory Mccann Bio
Rory McCann, born on 24 April 1969 in Glasgow, Lanarkshire, is a Scottish actor and musician. Before becoming an actor, he worked as a bridge painter, landscape gardener and carpenter.
In 1998 Rory MaCann started his training as an actor with writer-artist Robert Parsifal Finch at The Actor’s Workshop, Glasgow. He made his acting debut as an extra on the film Willow (1988), but was fired because he laughed during the takes. He also appeared in an advertisement for Scott’s Porage Oats.
He landed his first major acting role in 2002 in the television comedy drama The Book Group. In 2004 he made his Hollywood debut in the film Alexander. Rory Mc Cann is best known for his role as Sandor “The Hound” Clegane in the HBO series Game of Thrones (2011 – present).
Rory Mccann Personal Details
- Born Name: Rory McCann
- Age (in 2017): 48
- Date of Birth: April 24, 1969
- Birthplace: Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Occupation: Actor
- Net worth: 750 Thousand
- Official Website: –
- Official Twitter: –
Rory Mccann Family Tree
- Wife name: Not married
- No children
- Father name: Unknown (Deceased)
- Mother name: Unknown
- Sister: Sally-Gay McCann
Rory Mccann Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Rory Mccann Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 6′ 6″
- Height in Centimeters: 198 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 240 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 109 kg
Rory Mccann Fun Facts
Rory Mccann Career Highlights & Awards
- 2002 – The British Academy Scotland Awards: Best Television Performance (The Book Group)
Rory Mccann Quotes
“The Hound is a tortured soul, bullied as a child and forced to be a bodyguard for someone he doesn’t like. I can’t say I relate, much. Though, it was meant to be. You know my name McCann actually translates from ‘canis,’ or ‘canine.’ I am a hound.”
“I wouldn’t say I’m that social… I’m either sailing my boat by myself or living in some small place. I’m just about to move to a place that you can only get there by rowing a boat across a loch, which I’m thoroughly looking forward to it. It’s not got electricity or anything.”
“In the business I meet some beautiful women, but to be honest, 80 per cent of them are raving lunatics and are to be avoided. It’s just insecurity; actors are generally quite insecure. I wouldn’t date, or I’ve never had a fling with an actress, and I’d quite like to keep it that way.”
Rory Mccann Interesting Facts
- His younger sister works on costumes for film and television, and he worked alongside her on Alexander and Game of Thrones.
- He is a supporter of the Scottish Green Party, and appeared in its Scottish Parliament general election broadcast in 2007.
- In 1990 he suffered a near-fatal rock climbing accident in Yorkshire, when he fell more than 70 feet, breaking an arm, a wrist, both ankles and fracturing his skull.
- He is the former frontman of a defunct band called Thundersoup, and he plays the guitar, piano, banjo and mandolin.
- He is known for living a solitary, transient lifestyle, and often lives on his sailboat or in places without modern conveniences.
- When he was 16/17 years old he was living in caves in Llanberis Pass, North Wales.
- He was bulled in school for being small and skinny.
- He worked as a club bouncer.
- He taught himself to be a tree surgeon.