Raven Symone Bio
Raven-Symoné Christina Pearman (known professionally as Raven-Symoné and sometimes credited as Raven), born on 10 December 1985 in Atlanta, Georgia, is an American actress, comedian, model, singer, songwriter, dancer, television producer and talk show host. She moved to Ossining, New York with her family when she was three years old.
Raven-Symoné’s career began as an infant, when she worked for Atlanta’s Young Faces Inc. Modeling Agency and was featured in local print advertisements. Her first television appearance was in 1989 on The Cosby Show as Olivia Kendall. She made her debut in the premiere episode of the show’s sixth season, and remained until the series finale in 1992.
In 1992, when she was seven years old, Raven-Symoné began her singing career. She released her debut album, Here’s to New Dreams, in 1993 on MCA Records, but the album was unsuccessful and she was dropped from the label in 1995.
Her first big screen role was as Stymie’s Girlfriend in the movie The Little Rascals in 1994, and in 1998 she was cast in her first major role in a theatrical movie, when she was cast in the Eddie Murphy comedy Dr. Dolittle as Charisse Dolittle.
In 1996, Raven-Symoné and her father founded RayBlaze Records, in which she signed a distribution deal with Crash Records for her second album Undeniable, which was released in May 1999. Then she signed a two-album record deal with Disney-owned label Hollywood Records. The album This Is My Time was released in 2004, and self-titled album, Raven-Symoné, was released in 2008.
From 2003 to 2007 Raven-Symoné stared as the lead character Raven Baxter in the Disney Channel series That’s So Raven. The show became the channel’s highest-rated and longest-running series (at 100 episodes) at the time.
In 2015 she replaced Rosie O’Donnell in the ABS daytime talk show The View, after she guest hosted on the show multiple times in March and April 2015. On 27 October 2016, she announced she would leave The View before the end of 2016 to focus on executive producing and starring in a That’s So Raven spin-off.
To date, Raven-Symoné has starred in several successful television series, as well as numerous Films. Apart from her four studio albums, she has also released four soundtrack albums, three extended plays and one compilation album.
Raven Symone Personal Details
- Born Name: Raven-Symoné Christina Pearman
- Age (in 2017): 32
- Date of Birth: December 10, 1985
- Birthplace: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Occupation: Actress
- Net worth: 55 Million
- Official Website: –
- Official Twitter: @ravensymone
Raven Symone Family Tree
- Wife/Husband name: Not married
- No children
- Father name: Christopher Pearman
- Mother name: Lydia Pearman
- Brother: Blaize
Raven Symone Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Raven Symone with her past and current boyfriend details.
Raven Symone dated:
- Marquis C. (2000-2003)
- Jonathan ‘Lil J’ McDaniel (2003-2007) – Raven-Symoné met American actor and rapper Jonathan McDaniel (known as Lil’ J) on the show That’s So Raven, where he played her onscreen boyfriend.
- Jussie Smollett (2007-2011) – It was falsely rumored at one point that Raven-Symoné was pregnant boyfriend Jussie Smollett’s baby. Jussie Smollett is a Brazilian actor.
- AzMarie Livingston (2012-October 2015) – Raven-Symoné was recently dating AzMarie Livingston (known mononymously as AzMarie). AzMarie is an American fashion model, actress and singer.
Raven Symone Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Raven Symone Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 5′ 2″
- Height in Centimeters: 157 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 128 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 58 kg
- Body Measurements in Inches: 38-28-37 inches
- Body Measurements in Centimeters: 97-71-94 cm
- Bra Size: 34D
- Cup Size: D
Raven-Symoné became several pounds overweight during her teenage years. According to her, the stress of her career driven life at the time is the reason for her weight gain.
After the series That’s So Raven ended, Raven-Symoné took long break to rejuvenate her body and mind. She reappeared in 2007 in a slender and curvier figure after losing 70 pounds. Ironically, she was set to play a bigger character in the ABC show State of Georgia. Because of her weight loss, she had to wear padding in her clothes.
Weight Loss Before and After
- Before: 200 lbs. (90.7 kg)
- After: 135 lbs. (61.2 kg)
With the help of nutrition expert Philip Goglia, Raven-Symoné incorporated healthy eating habits in her life. She switched from three big meals to six small meals a day – inculcating bountiful nutrient dense foods (such as fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds etc.), and eliminating fast foods such (such as pizza, burger, potato chips, French fries etc.). She allowed herself one cheat day a week. She also exchanged unwholesome foods with nutrient loaded foods (such as almonds, baked pears, agave syrup etc.).
Raven-Symoné followed a regular workout routine: At the gym (four times a week) she executed thirty minutes of elliptical workout.
- Breakfast: Oatmeal and apple slices, with almond butter
- Dinner: Salmon and steamed asparagus
Raven Symone Fun Facts
Raven Symone Quotes
“People in my family…they’ve taught me to keep my personal life to myself as much as possible. So, I try my best to hold the fence where I can. But I am proud to be who I am and what I am. I don’t want to be labeled gay. I’m a human who loves humans. I’m tired of being labeled.”
“People are expecting me to calm down now that I look this way, but I’m still a loud-mouthed, over-the-top person!”