Queen Latifa Bio
Dana Elaine Owens (known professionally by her stage name Queen Latifah), born on 18 March 1970 in Newark, New Jersey, is an American rapper, songwriter, singer, actress, model, television producer, record producer and talk show host. She is best known as a hip-hop artist and for her work in films, such as Taxi (2004) and Hairspray (2007).
Queen Latifah released her debut studio album, All Hail the Queen, in 1989. She has released a total of seven studio albums, one compilation album and six soundtrack albums. For her work in music, she has won a Grammy Award and has sold over two million records.
In 1991 Queen Latifah made her acting debut in two episodes of the television show The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, as well as with a minor role in the film Jungle Fever. She also had her own talk show, The Queen Latifah Show, from 1999 to 2001 and again from 2013 to 2015. For her work as an actress, she has won a Golden Globe Award, an Emmy Award, three Screen Actors Guild Awards and two NAACP Image Awards.
Queen Latifa Personal Details
- Born Name: Dana Elaine Owens
- Age (in 2017): 47
- Date of Birth: March 18, 1970
- Birthplace: Newark, New Jersey, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Occupation: Rapper, Actress
- Net worth: 55 Million
- Official Website: http://queenlatifah.com/
- Official Twitter: @IAMQUEENLATIFAH
Queen Latifa Family Tree
- Husband name: Not married
- Girlfriend: Ebony Nicholas
- No children
- Father name: Lancelot Owens Sr.
- Mother name: Rita Owens (née Bray)
- Brother: Lancelot Owens Jr.
Queen Latifa Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Queen Latifa with her past and current girlfriend/boyfriend details.
Queen Latifa dated:
- Sean Moon
- Debbie Allen – Queen Latifah had an encounter with American television and film producer Debbie Allen.
- Kendu Isaacs (1992-2001) – Queen Latifah dated American music producer Kendu Isaacs.
- Jeanette Jenkins (December 2002-May 2011) – Queen Latifah dated American personal trainer Jeanette Jenkins.
- Ebony Nicholas (August 2011-PRESENT) – Queen Latifah is dating Ebony Nicholas.
Queen Latifa Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Queen Latifa Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 5′ 10″
- Height in Centimeters: 178 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 200 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 91 kg
- Body Measurements in Inches: 45-43-45 inches
- Body Measurements in Centimeters: 114-109-114 cm
- Bra Size: 40DD
- Cup Size: DD
Queen Latifah has lost 20 pounds (9 kg) through diet and exercise, and she also underwent breast surgery.
She utilized the following foods and supplements to aid in her weight loss:
- Green tea
- Citrus fruits and grapefruit
- Green vegetables
- Yerba Mate
Queen Latifah’s diet consists of vegetables, fruits, eggs, lean meats and other healthy foods. She also drinks plenty of water. Instead of strict dieting, she subscribes to the philosophy “everything in moderation”.
Queen Latifah does a variety of exercises, which include activities like boogie boarding, biking, hiking and jogging. While working out in the gym, her workout routine includes Pilates, yoga, weight training, cardio (treadmill and elliptical) and Soul Cycle classes.
She works out in the gym at least five days every week.
Queen Latifa Fun Facts
Queen Latifa Quotes
“Every woman is a queen, and we all have different things to offer.”
“When I was around 18, I looked in the mirror and said: ‘you’re either going to love yourself or hate yourself.’ And I decided to love myself. That changed a lot of things.”
“The objectification of females is not a good thing! Not every rapper does this, but when the lyrics focus solely on the strip club, ‘poppin’ bottles’ and how many girls they can ‘tap,’ it distorts what kids are learning. I think if there was more of a female presence in hip hop we could break up the monotony. It’s all about balance.”