Paul Newman Bio
Paul Leonard Newman, born on 26 January 1925 in Shaker Heights, Ohio, was an American actor. At the age of 83, Paul Newman died on the morning of 26 September 2008 in Westport, Connecticut, surrounded by family and friends.
In 1953 he made his Broadway theater debut in Picnic. His first credited role on screen was in an episode of the television series Tales of Tomorrow in 1952. In 1954 he made his Hollywood film debut in the movie The Silver Chalice.
During his acting career, which spanned over 50 years, Paul Newman received numerous award nominations and won seven awards (including two honorary awards at the Academy Awards and Golden Globe Awards). Paul Newman’s last movie appearance was in the film Road to Perdition in 2002, and he retired from acting in May 2007.
Paul Newman Personal Details
- Born Name: Paul Leonard Newman
- Age: Died September 26, 2008 at the age of 83
- Date of Birth: January 26, 1925
- Birthplace: Shaker Heights, Ohio
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Occupation: Actor
- Net worth: 50 Million
- Official Website: –
- Official Twitter: –
Paul Newman Family Tree
- Wife name: Jackie Witte (Divorced)
- Wife name: Joanne Woodward
- Boy: Scott Newman
- Daughter: Stephanie Kendall Newman
- Daughter: Susan Newman
- Daughter: Elinor “Nell” Teresa Newman
- Daughter: Melissa “Lissy” Stewart Newman
- Daughter: Claire “Clea” Olivia Newman
- Father name: Arthur Sigmund Newman
- Mother name: Theresa Newman (née Fetzer)
- Brother: Arthur Newman
- Grandmother name: Hannah Cohn (Paternal)
- Grandfather name: Simon Newman (Paternal)
- Grandson: Peter Elkind
- Grandson: Henry Elkind
Paul Newman Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Paul Newman with his past and current girlfriend/boyfriend details.
Paul Newman dated:
- Marilyn Monroe – Paul Newman had an encounter American acress Marilyn Monroe.
- Montgomery Clift – Paul Newman is rumored to have had an encounter with American actor Montgomery Clift. (RUMOR)
- Lana Turner – Paul Newman had an encounter with American actress Lana Turner.
- Rita Hayworth – Paul Newman is rumored to have had an encounter with American actress Rita Hayworth. (RUMOR)
- Sandra Dee
- Susan Hayward – Paul Newman had an encounter with American actress Susan Hayward.
- Peggy Lee – Paul Newman had an encounter with American musician and actress Peggy Lee.
- Judy Garland – Paul Newman is rumored to have dated American actress Judy Garland. (RUMOR)
- John Derek – Paul Newman is rumored to have dated American actor John Derek. (RUMOR)
- Grace Kelly – Paul Newman is rumored to have had an encounter with American actress Grace Kelly. (RUMOR)
- Anthony Perkins – Paul Newman dated American actor and singer Anthony Perkins.
- Natalie Wood – Paul Newman is rumored to have dated Natalie Wood. (RUMOR)
- Marlon Brando – Paul Newman is rumored to have had an encounter with American actor Marlon Brando. (RUMOR)
- Sal Mineo – Paul Newman is rumored to have had an encounter with American actor Sal Mineo. (RUMOR)
- Jackie Witte (December 1949-January 1958) – Paul Newman married Jackie Witte. They have three children together.
- Joanne Woodward (January 1957-September 2008) – Paul Newman married American actress Joanne Woodward in 1958. The couple moved away from Hollywood to Westport, Connecticut in the early 1960s to start a family.
- Joan Collins (June 1958) – Paul Newman had an encounter with Joan Collins.
- Sylva Koscina (1967) – Paul Newman dated Italian actress Sylva Koscina.
- Joan Crawford (1967) – Paul Newman dated Joan Crawford.
Paul Newman Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Paul Newman Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 5′ 10″
- Height in Centimeters: 178 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 165 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 75 kg
Paul Newman Fun Facts
Paul Newman Career Highlights & Awards
- 1956 – Golden Globe Award: New Star of the Year-Actor
- 1958 – Cannes Film Festival: Best Actor (The Long, Hot Summer)
- 1968 – Golden Globe Award: Best Director (Rachel, Rachel)
- 1968 – Named “Man of the Year” by Harvard University’s performance group, the Hasty Pudding Theatricals.
- 1984 – Golden Globe Award: Honorary Awards
- 1986 – Academy Awards: Best Actor (The Color of Money)
- 1992 – Received the Kennedy Center Honors, along with his wife Joanne Woodward.
- 1993 – Academy Awards: Honorary Awards
- 1994 – Received the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award for his charity work.
- 1994 – Received the annual Award for Greatest Public Service Benefiting the Disadvantaged at the Jefferson Awards, along with his wife Joanne Woodward.
- 1994 – Berlin International Film Festival: Silver Bear (Nobody’s Fool)
- 2005 – Golden Globe Award: Best Supporting Actor-Television (Empire Falls)
- 2015 – Honored by the U.S. Postal Service, who issued a ‘forever stamp’ featuring a 1980 photograph of Paul Newman.
Paul Newman Quotes
“You can’t be as old as I am without waking up with a surprised look on your face every morning: ‘Holy Christ, whaddya know – I’m still around!’ It’s absolutely amazing that I survived all the booze and smoking and the cars and the career.”
“To be an actor you have to be a child.”