Nigella Lawson Bio
Nigella Lucy Lawson, born on 6 January 1960 in Wandsworth, London, is an English journalist, broadcaster, television personality, gourmet, and food writer. She graduated from Oxford University, with a degree in medieval and modern languages, and started working as a book reviewer and restaurant critic.
In 1986 she became the deputy literary editor of The Sunday Times, before freelancing as a journalist. Her first cookery book, How to Eat, was published in 1998, and became a best-seller. In 1999, she debuted on television by hosting her own cooking show series, Nigella Bites, on Channel 4.
She also hosted the Food Network’s Nigella Feasts in the United States in 2006. In 2002 she brought out a lucrative line of kitchenware, named the Living Kitchen range, which is sold by several retailers. Over 3 million of her cookery books have been sold worldwide.
Nigella Lawson Personal Details
- Born Name: Nigella Lucy Lawson
- Age (in 2017): 57
- Date of Birth: January 6, 1960
- Birthplace: Wandsworth, London, United Kingdom
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Occupation: Journalist, Broadcaster, Telivision Personality, Gourmet And Food Writer
- Net worth: 15 Million
- Official Website: https://www.nigella.com/
- Official Twitter: @Nigella_Lawson
Nigella Lawson Family Tree
- Husband name: John Diamond (Deceased)
- Husband name: Charles Saatchi (Divorced)
- Boy: Bruno Diamond
- Daughter: Cosima Diamond
- Father name: Nigel Lawson
- Mother name: Vanessa (née Salmon) Lawson (Deceased)
- Brother: Dominic Lawson
- Sister: Thomasina Lawson (Deceased)
- Sister: Horatia Lawson
- Half-brother: Tom Lawson (Paternal)
- Half-sister: Emily Lawson (Paternal)
- Grandmother name: Joan Elisa Davis (Paternal)
- Grandfather name: Ralph Lawson (Paternal) (Deceased)
- Niece: Domenica Lawson
- Niece: Savannah Lawson
- Sister-in-Law name: Rosa Monckton
Nigella Lawson Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Nigella Lawson with her past and current boyfriend details.
Nigella Lawson dated:
- Geoffrey Robertson QC (1988) – Nigella Lawson was in a relationship with human rights lawyer Geoffrey Robertson QC, but he left her for novelist Kathy Lette.
- John Diamond (1986-2001) – Nigella Lawson met journalist John Diamond when they were both writing for The Sunday Times. The couple married in 1992 in Venice. They have two children together. In 1997 John Diamond was diagnosed with throat cancer, and he died at the age of 47 in March 2001.
- Charles Saatchi (2003-July 2013) – Nigella Lawson married art collector Charles Saatchi in September 2003. The marriage was unhappy, and in June 2013 photos were published by The Sunday People of Nigella Lawson being grabbed around the neck by Charles Saatchi during a quarrel outside a London seafood restaurant. After a police investigation of the incident, Charles Saatchi was cautioned for assault, and Nigella Lawson left the family home. She filed for divorce, citing ongoing unreasonable behavior, and the court granted a decree nisi on 31 July 2013, ending their ten-year marriage.
Nigella Lawson Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Nigella Lawson Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 5′ 7″
- Height in Centimeters: 170 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 161 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 73 kg
- Body Measurements in Inches: 39-29-38 inches
- Body Measurements in Centimeters: 99-74-97 cm
Nigella Lawson’s weight has yo-yoed through the years, and there is been reports about her weight loss on numerous occasions – most notably in early 2012, when it was reported that she had lost 42 pounds (19 kg) and three dress sizes in six months.
How did Nigella Lawson Lose Weight?
There have been speculations that Nigella Lawson lost the weight thanks to the Bodyism Clean and Lean plan, which is a healthy eating program devised by James Duigan, a nutritional advisor personal trainer. However, Nigella Lawson has been outspoken about her dislike for not only the clean diet, but dieting altogether. According to her, she chose the exercise route instead of dieting. She has also attributed her weight loss to Pilates, cutting down on alcohol and several months confined to the sofa after surgery to correct her bunions.
Includes the following:
- Personal training
- Running on the treadmill
- Lifting light weights
- Iyengar yoga
Nigella Lawson Fun Facts
Nigella Lawson Quotes
“My mother died of cancer when she was 48, my first husband died of cancer at 47, one of my sisters died of cancer at 32. They became emaciated, tortured and died young, so the idea that I would mind about getting older when I know what the alternative is or that I would equate thinness with health is just alien to me.”
“The notion of a guilty pleasure is alien to me. People who feel guilty about pleasure don’t deserve pleasure in the first place. I feel that quite strongly. It ruins it. Why try and drain the joy out of life?”