Cornell Iral Haynes, Jr. (known professionally as Nelly), born on 2 November 1974 in Austin, Texas, is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, entrepreneur, investor and occasional actor. Nelly has released seven studio albums, and won two Grammy Awards.
Nelly began his music career with Midwest hip hop group St. Lunatics. In 2000 he released his best-selling debut solo album Country Grammar. The Recording Industry Association of America ranks Nelly as the fourth best-selling rap artist in American music history, with 21 million albums sold in the United States.
In 2001 he made his film debut in the independent film Snipes, and his first major movie role was in the 2005 remake of The Longest Yard. He made his television debut in episodes of CSI: NY (2008—2009). Since 2014 Nelly has been starring in his own reality television show called Nellyville.
Nelly Personal Details
- Born Name: Cornell Iral Haynes, Jr.
- Age (in 2017): 43
- Date of Birth: November 2, 1974
- Birthplace: Austin, Texas, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Occupation: Rapper
- Net worth: 60 Million
- Official Website: http://www.nelly.net/
- Official Twitter: @Nelly_Mo
Nelly Family Tree
- Wife name: Not married
- Girlfriend: Shantel Jackson
- Boy: Cornell Haynes III
- Daughter: Chanel Haynes
- Father name: Cornell Haynes Sr.
- Mother name: Rhonda Mack
- Brother: Lavell Webb (known by his stage name City Spud)
- Sister: Jackie Donahue
- Niece name: Sidney Thomas
- Nephew name: Shawn Thomas Jr.
Nelly Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Nelly with his past and current girlfriend details.
- Karrine Steffans – Nelly had an encounter with American author Karrine Steffans.
- Kelly Rowland (2002) – Nelly is rumored to have dated American singer Kelly Rowland. (RUMOR)
- Ashanti (January 2003-April 2014) – Nelly had an on-again off-again relationship with American singer Ashanti.
- Nicole Narain (July 2004) – Nelly dated American model and actress Nicole Narain.
- Lashontae Heckard (April 2005-January 2014) – Nelly had an on-again off-again relationship with American model Lashontae Heckard.
- Kat Stacks (2010) – Nelly had an encounter with American socialite Kat Stacks.
- Shantel Jackson (April 2014-PRESENT) – Nelly is dating American model Shantel Jackson.
Nelly Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Nelly Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 5′ 8″
- Height in Centimeters: 173 cm
- Weight in Pounds: – pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: – kg
Nelly used to be a vegetarian, but he has recently incorporated chicken and turkey into his diet. In order to gain muscle, he eats huge amounts of calories and makes sure to include enough protein in his diet. He eats three to four meals a day.
- Breakfast: pancakes, turkey bacon, oatmeal and eggs with cheese
- Lunch: two turkey burgers and fries
- Dinner: anything
Nelly’s workout routine is usually focused on maintaining and building muscle, rather than reducing body fat. He prefers machines for a varied workout, and pyramid-style training for his chest. Because his target is muscle building, he prefers to do fewer reps (6 to 8 reps) at a higher resistance.
- Upper body: military presses
- Abdominals: weighted crunches
- Lower body: calf raises and squats
Additionally, Nelly consistently does around 1 000 to 1 500 sit-ups and push-ups daily. While avoiding treadmills, he would play basketball for a cardio workout.
- Monday: triceps
- Tuesday: back and shoulders
- Wednesday: biceps/legs
- Thursday: chest using a bench press
- Friday: start over with triceps
When his schedule isn’t too demanding, he works out five days a week. If he is overloaded with work he will work out two to three days a week to maintain his fitness.
Nelly Fun Facts
“Rappers make what’s in, in. If we want to bring back something like Jordache, we just say it and the girls start wearing it. We have a lot of pull.”
“I never was the battle rapper. That was never my thing. I always felt like it’s enough room for everybody to do their thing. I like bringing new energy, re-inventing the wheel, so to speak, every time I come out.”