Nelly Furtado Bio
Nelly Kim Furtado, born on 2 December 1978 in Victoria, British Columbia, is a Canadian singer and songwriter. Her Portuguese parents immigrated to Canada in the late 1960s. Nelly Furtado began performing at age four (singing in Portuguese), playing musical instruments at the age of nine (the ukulele, trombone, and – in later years – the guitar and keyboards) and writing songs at age twelve.
Her first public performance was when she sang a duet with her mother at a church on Portugal Day. In 1999 she signed a record deal with DreamWorks Records, and released her debut album, Whoa, Nelly!, in 2000. Her third album, Loose (2006), became her best-selling album, with 12 million copies sold worldwide.
From 2000 to 2017 Nelly Furtado released six studio albums, and has sold over 40 million records worldwide – making her one of the most successful Canadian artists. She has won several awards throughout her career, including one Grammy Award, one Latin Grammy Award, ten Juno Awards, one Billboard Music Award, one BRIT Award, one MTV Europe Music Award, one World Music Award and three Much Music Video Awards.
Nelly Furtado Personal Details
- Born Name: Nelly Kim Furtado
- Age (in 2017): 39
- Date of Birth: December 2, 1978
- Birthplace: Victoria, Canada
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Occupation: Singer
- Net worth: 35 Million
- Official Website: http://www.nellyfurtado.com/
- Official Twitter: @NellyFurtado
Nelly Furtado Family Tree
- Husband name: Demacio Castellon
- Daughter: Nevis Chetan
- Father name: António José Furtado
- Mother name: Maria Manuela Furtado
- Brother: Michael Anthony
- Sister: Lisa Anne
Nelly Furtado Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Nelly Furtado with her past and current boyfriend details.
Nelly Furtado dated:
- Ashton Kutcher – Ashton Kutcher stated on an episode of Punk’d that he dated Nelly Furtado. (RUMOR)
- Jasper Gahunia (2001-2005) – Nelly Furtado dated Jasper Gahunia after a long friendship. They have one child together. The pair continued to be good friends after their breakup, and share joint custody of their daughter.
- Demacio Castellon (January 2006-PRESENT) – Nelly Furtado married sound engineer Demacio Castellon on 19 July 2008, after being engaged for a year.
Nelly Furtado Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Nelly Furtado Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 5′ 2″
- Height in Centimeters: 157 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 121 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 55 kg
- Body Measurements in Inches: 34-24-36 inches
- Body Measurements in Centimeters: 86-61-91 cm
- Bra Size: 34B
- Cup Size: B
Diet and Exercise Plan
Nelly Furtado follows The Abs Diet, developed by Men’s Health Editor-In-Chief David Zinczenko. It involves doing certain exercises while adhering to a high protein, low carbohydrate diet plan. The diet encourages intake of lots of steamed veggies, fresh fruit, plenty of water and powerhouse foods such as beans, almonds, spinach, whole grains, berries, low-fat dairy products, eggs, oatmeal and lean meats.
Nelly Furtado’s exercise routine includes walking, dancing and weight lifting. She also does circuit training, as part of The Abs Diet, three to four times per week to keep her abdominal muscles in shape.
The circuit training workout routine: five different abdominal exercises (10 to 12 repetitions each), with maximum 30 seconds of rest between every exercise.
Nelly Furtado Fun Facts
Nelly Furtado Quotes
“It’s just kind of empowering when you become a mother. You just get overwhelmed with this new confidence and you feel really in control of your life. It’s been beautiful.”
“Because of my Portuguese heritage, I have an interest in all of the instrumentation that comes from Portugal and Brazil as well.”
Nelly Furtado Interesting Facts
- Nelly was named after Soviet gymnast Nellie Kim
- She once turned down US$500,000 to pose fully clothed in Playboy.
- Her biggest influence when growing up was Ani DiFranco.