Neil Flynn Bio
Neil Richard Flynn, born on 13 November 1960 in Chicago, Illinois, is an American actor and comedian. He is best known for his roles as Janitor on the medical comedy-drama Scrubs, and Mike Heck on the sitcom The Middle.
Neil Flynn made his television debut in 1982 in an episode of the British soap opera Brookside, and he made his film debut in the 1989 sports comedy Major League. Throughout his acting career, he is often cast in roles where he portrays a police officer, like in the movies Home Alone 3 (1997) and Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004), and the television shows Seinfeld (1997) and Then Came You (2000).
Since 2015 Neil Flynn had a recurring role in the animated web series Vixen. He also performs regularly with the improvisational group Beer, Shark, Mice.
Neil Flynn Personal Details
- Born Name: Neil Richard Flynn
- Age (in 2017): 57
- Date of Birth: November 13, 1960
- Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Occupation: Actor, Comedian
- Net worth: 7 Million
- Official Website: –
- Official Twitter: @NEILFLYNNFANS
Neil Flynn Family Tree
- Wife name: Not married
- Children: Unknown
- Father name: Unknown
- Mother name: Unknown
- Siblings: He has 5 siblings.
Neil Flynn Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Neil Flynn Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 6′ 5″
- Height in Centimeters: 196 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 231 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 105 kg
Neil Flynn Fun Facts
Neil Flynn Career Highlights & Awards
- 1986 – Joseph Jefferson Award Citation: Actor in a Principal Role in a Play (The Ballad of the Sad Café, at the Absolute Theatre Company in Chicago, Illinois) (Won)
- 1988 – Joseph Jefferson Award: Actor in a Supporting Role in a Play (Whistle in the Dark, at the Body Politic Theatre in Chicago, Illinois) (Nominated)
- 1996 – Joseph Jefferson Award: Actor in a Revue (Farewell My Compuserve, at the Second City Theatre in Chicago, Illinois) (Nominated)
- 1999 – National Board of Review Award: Best Acting by an Ensemble (Magnolia) (Won)
Neil Flynn Quotes
“I have nothing to do with Facebook or the Internet – I don’t know how to use half of it; I think I’m better off.”
“I’ve always liked shows that have a strong cast of secondary characters. One of the greatest examples ever I would say is ‘The Simpsons.’ If you think about it, you could name 100 characters recognizable from that show. I think ‘Scrubs’ has done a good job of having a strong team coming off the bench.”
Neil Flynn Interesting Facts
- He won $50,000 for Children’s Miracle Network hospitals on Celebrity Jeopardy and is considered one of the game’s best celebrity players.
- He graduated from Bradley University in Peoria, Illinois in 1982.
- He originally tried out for the role of Dr. Perry Cox in Scrubs but was cast in the role of the Janitor. The Janitor was only supposed to appear in the first episode of the show, but due to his popularity he became a regular cast member.
- He plays a weekly game of poker in his spare time.
- He watches a lot of television.
- He is part of various fantasy sports leagues. He also plays on a local softball team.
- He is friends with The Office star Angela Kinsey.
- He collects signed jerseys of famous Chicago athletes.
- He has a cat named Mike that he found in a parking lot in 2007.