Nasir bin Olu Dara Jones (known by his stage name Nas), born on 14 September 1973 in Crown Heights, Brooklyn, New York, is an American hip hop recording artist, record producer, actor and entrepreneur. He has released eight consecutive platinum and multi-platinum albums and has sold over 25 million records worldwide.
He began his musical career in 1991 as featured artist on Main Source’s Live at the Barbeque. In 1994 he released his debut album Illmatic. He became internationally known with the success of his second studio album, It Was Written, released in 1996.
In 1998 he made his screen debut in the crime drama film Belly. Nas is also an entrepreneur through his own record label; is the owner of a Fila sneaker store and he serves as associate publisher of Mass Appeal magazine and. He is currently signed to Mass Appeal Records.
Nas Personal Details
- Born Name: Nasir bin Olu Dara Jones
- Age (in 2017): 38
- Date of Birth: September 14, 1979
- Birthplace: Crown Heights, New York City, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Occupation: Singer, Hip Hop, Producer, Actor And Entrepreneur
- Net worth: 17 to 19 Million
- Official Website: –
- Official Twitter: @Nas
Nas Family Tree
- Wife name: Kelis (Divorced)
- Boy: Knight Jones
- Daughter: Destiny Jones
- Father name: Olu Dara (born Charles Jones III)
- Mother name: Fannie Ann (Little) Jones
- Brother: Jabari Fret (known as Jungle)
Nas Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Nas with his past and current girlfriend details.
- Foxy Brown – Nas dated American rapper, model and actress Foxy Brown.
- Tracee Ellis Ross – Nas dated American actress, model, comedian, producer and television host Tracee Ellis Ross.
- Karrine Steffans – Nas dated American author Karrine Steffans.
- K.D. Aubert – Nas dated American actress, fashion model and singer K.D. Aubert.
- Amy Winehouse – Nas is rumored to have dated English singer Amy Winehouse. (RUMOR)
- Carmen Bryan (1992-2001) – Nas and Carmen Bryan were engaged before ending their relationship. They have a daughter together.
- Mary J. Blige (1997) – Nas briefly dated American singer Mary J. Blige.
- Kelis (September 2002-April 2009) – Nas married R&B singer Kelis in 2005 in Atlanta. In 2009 Kelis filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences, and the couple’s divorce was finalized in May 2010. They have a son together.
Nas Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Nas Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 5′ 9″
- Height in Centimeters: 175 cm
- Weight in Pounds: – pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: – kg
Nas Fun Facts
Nas Career Highlights & Awards
- 2006 – BET Hip Hop Awards: I Am Hip-Hop Icon Award
- 2011 – Sports Emmy Award: Outstanding Sports Documentary (Survival 1)
- 2012 – BET Hip Hop Awards: Impact Track (Daughters)
“Your look reflects what’s happening in your mind. You gotta have some swag to you.”
“Anybody can be a rapper, but not anybody can be a classical artist.”
“I don’t want any title. I just say what I say, and hopefully somebody gets it, man. I’m not perfect, and I’m just here and trying to make a dollar, and being real at the same time, you know?”
Nas Favorite Things
- TV shows: Modern Family, The Walking Dead and House of Cards
- Jazz album: A Love Supreme by John Coltrane
- Books: Pryor Convictions: And Other Life Sentences by Richard Pryor; and The Hard Thing About Hard Things by Ben Horowitz.
- Video game: Ms. Pac-Man
- Movies in the last decade: 2002, The King’s Speech and Drive
- Rappers: Jay Electronica, Rick Ross, Schoolboy Q, YG and Young Jeezy