Mickey Rourke Bio
Philip Andre Rourke Jr. (known professionally as Mickey Rourke), born on 16 September 1952 in Schenectady, New York, is an American actor, screenwriter and retired boxer. He is known for his leading roles in action, drama and thriller films.
He started amateur boxing during his teenage years. Mickey Rourke’s amateur boxing record was 27 wins and 3 losses. In 1991 he began his professional boxing career. By the time he retired from boxing in 1994, Mickey Rourke had a professional boxing record of 6 wins (4 knockouts, 2 decisions), 0 losses and 2 draws.
At the start of his acting career during the late 1070s, Mickey Rourke appeared primarily in television films. He made his feature film debut in 1979 with a small role in Steven Spielberg’s 1941. By late 1980s he had written his first screenplay, Homeboy, a boxing tale in which he starred. After the end of his boxing career, Mickey Rourke made his comeback in mainstream Hollywood in 2005 with a lead role in the neo-noir action thriller Sin City.
Mickey Rourke Personal Details
- Born Name: Philip Andre Rourke Jr.
- Age (in 2017): 65
- Date of Birth: September 16, 1952
- Birthplace: Schenectady, New York, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Occupation: Actor
- Net worth: 15 Million
- Official Website: –
- Official Twitter: –
Mickey Rourke Family Tree
- Wife name: Debra Feuer (Divorced)
- Wife name: Carré Otis (Divorced)
- Girlfriend: Anastassija Makarenko
- No children
- Father name: Philip Andre Rourke, Sr.
- Stepfather: Eugene Addis
- Mother name: Annette (née Cameron)
- Brother: Joey Rourke
- Sister: Patricia Rourke
- Stepbrothers: Unknown
Mickey Rourke Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Mickey Rourke with his past and current girlfriend details.
Mickey Rourke dated:
- Nikita Denise – Mickey Rourke dated Slovak pornographic actress and adult film director Nikita Denise.
- Charlotte Lewis
- Jewel Valmont – Mickey Rourke dated American former pornographic actress Jewel Valmont.
- Terry Farrell – Mickey Rourke dated American former actress and fashion model Terry Farrell.
- Natalya Lapina – Mickey Rourke is rumored to have dated Russian actress Natalya Lapina. (RUMOR)
- Lydia Scott-Lee (RUMOR)
- Tabitha Stevens – Mickey Rourke dated American pornographic actress Tabitha Stevens.
- Debra Feuer (1980-1989) – Mickey Rourke dated Debra Feuer, after they met on the set of Hardcase. She was also his love interest in Homeboy (1988), for which Mickey Rourke wrote the screenplay. The couple married in 1981, but their marriage ended in divorce. The two have remained good friends.
- Gia Carangi (1980) – Mickey Rourke dated former American fashion model Gia Carangi.
- Christine Bolster (1989) – Mickey Rourke dated fashion model Christine Bolster.
- Carré Otis (1990-December 1998) – Mickey Rourke married Carré Otis on 26 June 1992. In 1994 Rourke was arrested for spousal abuse, but the charges were later dropped. The couple reconciled, before their marriage ultimately ended. Carré Otis co-authored an autobiography, called Beauty, Disrupted: A Memoir, that detailed her marriage to Mickey Rourke.
- Gabriella Sabatini (June 1990) – Mickey Rourke dated Argentine former professional tennis player Gabriella Sabantini.
- D’arcy Wretzky (2000) – Mickey Rourke is rumored to have dated American musician D’arcy Wretzky. (RUMOR)
- Diana Kauffman (2002) – Mickey Rourke dated American model Diana Kauffman.
- Sasha Volkova (2005) – Mickey Rourke dated Ukrainian Sasha Volkova.
- Elena Kuletskaya (2009) – Mickey Rourke dated Russian model Elena Kuletskaya. The couple allegedly were engaged in November 2009, but ended the engagement 10 months later.
- Bai Ling (January 2009) – Mickey Rourke dated Chinese actress Bai Ling.
- Courtney Love (January 2009) – Mickey Rourke is rumored to have dated Courtney Love. (RUMOR)
- Eugenia Volodina (April 2009) – Mickey Rourke dated Russian model Eugenia Volodina.
- Anastassija Makarenko (2009-PRESENT) – Mickey Rourke is dating Russian model Anastassija Makarenko.
Mickey Rourke Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Mickey Rourke Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 5′ 11″
- Height in Centimeters: 180 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 373 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 169 kg
To prepare for his role in the movie The Wrestler, Mickey Rourke had seven and a half months to gain 27 pounds (12 kg) of muscle. He had to go from 192 pounds (87 kg) to 235 pounds (107 kg). He was only able to do so because he had been bodybuilding for 20 years. In order to bulk up, Mickey Rourke worked out three times a day, six days a week. He also followed a high protein, low carb diet that included 3-4 protein shakes a day, and he ate six to seven small meals throughout the day.
Mickey Rourke’s daily meals for the movie The Wrestler:
- Twelve egg whites in the morning.
- Chicken breasts
- A banana, with two scoops of peanut butter and a lot of supplements.
- A thin piece of steak, with salad, vegetables and rice.
- A gigantic protein shake.
- An apple or a piece of fruit, with two scoops of peanut butter.
- Two meals at night, with a giant protein shake.
Mickey Rourke’s daily training schedule for the movie The Wrestler:
- Early morning: a two-mile run on the beach.
- Before lunch: weightlifting for an hour and a half.
- Afternoon: cardio for 45 minutes.
- Evening: weightlifting, followed by wrestling practice for one and a half to two hours.
Mickey Rourke would do 60 to 90 minutes of brutal resistance work, followed by 30 to 60 minutes cardio.
Superset (Complete 6 rounds):
- Muscle-ups (1 Set x 10 Reps)
- Handstand pushup (1 Set x 10 Reps)
- Barbell push-press (1 Set x 10 Reps)
- Heavy bag (1 Set x 20-30 minutes)
- Grappling (1 Set x 20-30 minutes)
Charles Glass (Bodybuilding)
Mickey Rourke Fun Facts
Mickey Rourke Quotes
“I think from the boxing, I gained discipline and focus as well as a strict daily regimen to stay in top condition. It is something that you have to be consistent with to constantly take yourself to a higher level.”
“In my life, I do everything all or nothing. Fitness helps keep my life balanced and it’s a great release for anything I have going on in my life. My body is also my tool for my career.”