Method Man Bio
Clifford Smith (known by his stage name as Method Man), born on 2 March 1971 in Hempstead, Long Island, New York, is an American rapper, record producer and actor. He took his stage name from film Method Man (1979).
He is best known as a member of the East Coast hip hop collective Wu-Tang Clan, and as one half of the hip hop duo Method Man & Redman. He has released five studio albums and two collaborative albums from 1994 to 2015.
Method Man made his acting debut in 1997 in the film Cop Land, and an episode in the television series Martin. He is best known for his role in the movie How High (2001), where he stars alongside Redman. Method man often appears as himself in film and television roles. In 2004 he co-created the television sitcom Method & Red, staring as himself along with Redman.
Method Man Personal Details
- Born Name: Clifford Smith
- Age (in 2017): 46
- Date of Birth: March 2, 1971
- Birthplace: Town of Hempstead, New York, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Occupation: Rapper
- Net worth: 20 Million
- Official Website: –
- Official Twitter: @methodman
Method Man Family Tree
- Wife name: Tamika Smith
- Boy: Sha Smith
- Boy: Rae Smith
- Daughter: Cheyenne Smith
- Father name: Clifford Smith Sr.
- Mother name: Genola Smith
- Sister: Terri Smith
- Sister: Missy Smith
Method Man Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Method Man with his past and current girlfriend details.
Method Man dated:
- Karrine Steffans – Karrine Steffans is an American author.
- Precious Williams (2000)
- Tamika Smith (1999-PRESENT) – Method Man married Tamika Smith in 2001, after the couple became engaged in 1999. They have three children together.
Method Man Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Method Man Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 6′ 3″
- Height in Centimeters: 191 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 203 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 92 kg
Method Man became a vegetarian in 2012.
Method Man Fun Facts
Method Man Quotes
“Now we just showin’ and provin’ that there’s a ghetto everywhere you go.”
“I’m serious; I don’t, I don’t rap. I flow; I’m a flow-er. You’ve got rappers, you got MCs, and then you got flow-ers, I’m a flow-er.”
“I’m an entertainer, so in whatever form I entertain… The thing about being a rapper is that you have more control over your form, whereas with acting you have to compromise a lot.”
Method Man Interesting Facts
- He is the face behind a documentary about strippers called The Strip Game.
- He is extremely private.
- He loves comic books.
- He is a known marijuana user and advocate, and has been smoking weed since he was 11 years old.
- He lists his dad as his biggest influence.