Manisha Koirala Bio
Manisha Koirala, born on 16 August 1970 in Kathmandu, is a Nepalese actress. She is best known for her work in Indian film, as well as a social activist and UNFPA Goodwill Ambassador.
While featuring mainly in Hindi cinema, Manisha Koirala has also appeared in several Tamil, Nepali, Telugu and Malayalam films. She made her acting debut in 1989 in the Nepali film Pheri Bhetaula, and she made her Bollywood debut in 1991 in the box-office success Saudagar.
On television, Manisha Koirala co-hosted the Indian television reality game show series Sawaal Dus Crore Ka in 2000 and acted as a judge for the Femina Miss India beauty pageant in 2015. Amongst other awards, she has won the Filmfare Critics’ Award three times. She was also named Nepal’s Humanitarian Ambassador at the We Care for Humanity’s 3rd Global Officials of Dignity Awards in 2015.
Manisha Koirala Personal Details
- Born Name: Manisha Koirala
- Age (in 2017): 47
- Date of Birth: August 16, 1970
- Birthplace: Kathmandu, Nepal
- Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Occupation: Actress
- Net worth: –
- Official Website: –
- Official Twitter: @mkoirala
Manisha Koirala Family Tree
- Husband name: Samrat Dahal (Divorced)
- No children
- Father name: Prakash Koirala
- Mother name: Sushma Koirala
- Brother: Siddharth Koirala
- Grandfather name: Bishweshwar Prasad Koirala (Paternal)
Manisha Koirala Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Manisha Koirala with her past and current boyfriend details.
Manisha Koirala dated:
- Samrat Dahal (2010-2012) – Manisha Koirala married Nepali businessman Samrat Dahal on 19 June 2010 in Kathmandu. The couple later divorced.
Manisha Koirala Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Manisha Koirala Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 5′ 5″
- Height in Centimeters: 165 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 117 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 53 kg
- Body Measurements in Inches: 34-26-36 inches
- Body Measurements in Centimeters: 86-66-91 cm
- Bra Size: 34B
- Cup Size: B
Manisha Koirala follows a low carbohydrate diet, which includes green veggies, soups and salads. She prefers homemade food and does not eat junk food and fried food. For breakfast, she enjoys having healthy cereals with nuts and green tea. She also drinks plenty of water and fresh juices, and makes her own vegetable juices.
- Breakfast: almonds, walnuts, fresh or dried organic blueberries, chia seeds, strawberries, goji berries, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, pine nuts and cereal made of hemp or chia with skimmed milk.
- Lunch: khichri with quinoa and multicolored vegetables, and dal
- Snack: green tea, white tea or ginger tea
- Dinner: a light meal with salads and two glasses of vegetable juice
- Dessert: dark chocolate with goji berries or yogurt
- Night time: a glass of milk with turmeric and isabgol
Apart from yoga and working out in the gym, Manisha Koirala also walks eight to twelve kilometers regularly. After walking she would do stretching.
She walks and does yoga every morning. Three times a week she goes to the gym.
Manisha Koirala Fun Facts
Manisha Koirala Quotes
“People appreciating my performance is good enough for me. I don’t care much for awards and have never given it much thought. And anyway, I can’t play the games people play to win awards.”
“Listen, I have made mistakes in the past. I have rubbed people the wrong way. I have always gravitated towards the wrong men. But it’s okay, given a chance, I’ll live my life all over again.”
“I won’t do decorative roles even if they are a part of hit films.”