Lesley “Twiggy” Lawson Bio
Lesley Lawson (known by her nickname Twiggy), born on 19 September 1949 in Neasden, London, is an English model, actress and singer. Considered a British cultural icon, she is best known as a teenage model in the 1960s.
Twiggy’s modeling career spanned from 1965 to 1970, and she has modeled in England, France, Japan and America. She has featured in all the leading fashion magazines. At the height of her modeling career in 1967, she appeared on the covers of Paris Vogue, US Vogue (three times) and British Vogue.
After retiring from modeling, Twiggy made her film debut in 1971 as an extra in The Devils. The same year she landed her first leading role in the musical comedy film The Boy Friend, for which she earned critical acclaim. She also launched her singing career and has released nine albums.
Lesley “Twiggy” Lawson Personal Details
- Born Name: Lesley Hornby (Nickname: Twiggy)
- Age (in 2017): 68
- Date of Birth: September 19, 1949
- Birthplace: Neasden, London, UK
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Occupation: Model, Singer
- Net worth: 50 Million
- Official Website: http://www.twiggylawson.co.uk/
- Official Twitter: @Twiggy
Lesley “Twiggy” Lawson Family Tree
- Husband name: Michael Witney (Deceased)
- Husband name: Leigh Lawson
- Daughter: Carly Lawson (born Carly Witney)
- Stepson: Jason Lawson
- Father name: William Norman Hornby
- Mother name: Nellie Lydia Hornby (née Reeman)
- Sister: Vivien Hornby
- Sister: Shirley Hornby
Lesley “Twiggy” Lawson Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Lesley “Twiggy” Lawson with her past and current boyfriend details.
Lesley “Twiggy” Lawson dated:
- Justin de Villeneuve (born Nigel Davies) (1966-1973) – Twiggy dated Justin de Villeneuve.
- Michael Witney (1976-November 1983) – Twiggy married American actor Michael Witney in 1977. They have one child together. Michael Witney died in 1983 from a heart attack.
- Leigh Lawson (1984-PRESENT) – Twiggy married English actor Leigh Lawson on 23 September 1988 in Sag Harbor, Long Island. Leigh Lawson adopted Twiggy’s daughter.
Lesley “Twiggy” Lawson Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Lesley “Twiggy” Lawson Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 5′ 8″
- Height in Centimeters: 173 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 93 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 42 kg
- Body Measurements in Inches: 32-23-32 inches
- Body Measurements in Centimeters: 81-58-81 cm
- Bra Size: 32A
- Cup Size: A
During her modeling years in the 1960s, Twiggy credited her skinny physique to genes and admitted to following an unhealthy diet. Since she turned 40 years old, however, she has had to change to healthier ways to avoid getting fatter in the waistline. Yet, she doesn’t believe in dieting. Instead, she prescribes to the philosophy “everything in moderation”. She allows herself only one pudding each month and drinks plenty of water.
Twiggy does not work out in the gym but loves doing Pilates and tap dancing.
Lesley “Twiggy” Lawson Fun Facts
Lesley “Twiggy” Lawson Quotes
“I don’t understand people getting depressed about getting older. There is nothing you can do about it, so you might as well embrace it.”
“We all have bits that we don’t like, but you don’t have to be a size 10 to look wonderful.”
“I was very skinny, but that was just my natural build. I always ate sensibly – being thin was in my genes.”