Leo Messi Bio
Lionel Andrés “Leo” Messi, born on 24 June 1987 in Rosario, is an Argentine professional footballer. He is best known as a forward for Spanish club FC Barcelona and the captain of the Argentina national team.
Leo Messi joined Newell’s Old Boys, when he was six years old, in 1994, and he played for the Rosario club until 2000. After a fast advancement through Barcelona’s youth academy from 2001 to 2004, Messi made his competitive debut, at the age of 17, in October 2004.
During the 2011-12 season, Leo Messi achieved his personal best campaign to date by setting the La Liga and European records for most goals scored in a single season. He also established himself as Barcelona’s all-time top scorer in official competitions in March 2012. In Argentina, he is his country’s all-time leading goalscorer. He was appointed as the captain of the Argentina national team in August 2011.
Leo Messi Personal Details
- Born Name: Lionel Andrés Messi
- Age (in 2017): 30
- Date of Birth: June 24, 1987
- Birthplace: Rosario, Argentina
- Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Occupation: Sport
- Net worth: 350
- Official Website: http://www.leomessi.com/
- Official Twitter: @messi10stats
Leo Messi Family Tree
- Wife name: Not married
- Girlfriend: Antonella Roccuzzo
- Boy: Thiago Messi
- Boy: Mateo Messi
- Father name: Jorge Horácio Messi
- Mother name: Celia María Cuccittini
- Brother: Rodrigo Messi
- Brother: Matías Messi
- Sister: María Sol Messi
- Grandmother name: Celia Oliveira Cuccittini (Maternal)
- Grandfather name: Antonio Cuccittini (Maternal)
- Grandmother name: Rosa Maria Pérez (Paternal)
- Grandfather name: Eusebio Messi (Paternal)
- Cousin name: Maximiliano Biancucchi
- Cousin name: Emanuel Biancucchi
Leo Messi Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Leo Messi with his past and current girlfriend details.
Leo Messi dated:
- Macarena Lemos (2006-2008) – Leo Messi had a rumored encounter with Argentine model Macarena Lemos. (RUMOR)
- Antonella Roccuzzo (2007-PRESENT) – Leo Messi is dating Argentine Antonella Roccuzzo, and the couple was engaged in 2012. They have two children together.
- Luciana Salazar (2008) – Leo Messi had a rumored encounter with Argentine model Luciana Salazar. (RUMOR)
Leo Messi Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Leo Messi Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 5′ 7″
- Height in Centimeters: 170 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 148 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 67 kg
Ten days before a match, Leo Messi starts to adjust his diet by cutting down carbohydrates and increasing his protein intake through three protein shakes a day. He also drinks up to eight glasses of water a day. Closer to the game, he begins to load on the carbohydrates, thereby getting a boost of stamina and energy. Five days before the game, he eats vegetable soup, with important spices like turmeric, chili, coriander and ginger, before every meal. The spices help to increase blood flow and the soup hydrates the body. One day before the game, he eats fish, chicken or prawns with green vegetables, potatoes and an orange. Six hours before the match, he eats egg whites or porridge, which contain protein and carbs. About 90 minutes before the start of the game, he eats fruit, including bananas, apples and mangoes.
Linear speed workout
Linear speed exercised focus on speed and coordination in a linear sense (forward and backward). These workouts place an emphasis on arms, which drive acceleration. This workout includes pillar bridges, knee hugs, inverted hamstring stretches, pillar skips and rapid response 2-foots, which are followed by split squat jumps, hurdle hops, acceleration wall drills, acceleration split stance and acceleration to base.
Multi-directional speed workout
Multi-directional speed exercises focus on coordination, stability and speed in different directions. The aim is to improve overall agility on the field. This workout includes pillar bridges, lateral lunges, rotational lunge stretches, which is followed by pillar skips, response 1-foot lateral bases, hurdle hops, lateral bounds, lateral shuffle to cut, 3 hurdle drills and mirror drills.
He works out five days a week and allows his body to rest for two days a week.
Leo Messi Fun Facts
Leo Messi Quotes
“I prefer to win titles with the team ahead of individual awards or scoring more goals than anyone else. I’m more worried about being a good person than being the best football player in the world. When all this is over, what are you left with? When I retire, I hope I am remembered for being a decent guy.”
“I always thought I wanted to play professionally, and I always knew that to do that I’d have to make a lot of sacrifices. I made sacrifices by leaving Argentina, leaving my family to start a new life. I changed my friends, my people. Everything. But everything I did, I did for football, to achieve my dream.”