Leighton Meester Bio
Leighton Marissa Meester, born on 9 April 1986 in Fort Worth, Texas, is an American actress, singer-songwriter and model. She grew up in Marco Island, Florida, where she participated in productions at a local playhouse, and moved to New York City when she was 11 years old.
She began working as a model with Wilhelmina, and her first booking was for a Ralph Lauren campaign. She also featured in commercials for Tamagotchi and Clearasil. In 1999 she made her television acting debut on an episode of Law & Order.
At the age of 14, Leighton Meester moved to Los Angeles. She made her film debut in 2003 in the short film The Jackalope and the feature film Hangman’s Curse. In 2007 she landed her breakthrough role as Blair Waldorf in the teen drama series Gossip Girl, and her performance was the most critically acclaimed of the show.
Leighton Meester Personal Details
- Born Name: Leighton Marissa Meester
- Age (in 2017): 31
- Date of Birth: April 9, 1986
- Birthplace: Fort Worth, Texas, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Occupation: Actress, Singer
- Net worth: 5 Million
- Official Website: http://leightonmeester.us/
- Official Twitter: @itsmeleighton
Leighton Meester Family Tree
- Husband name: Adam Brody
- Daughter: Arlo Day Brody
- Father name: Douglas Meester
- Mother name: Constance Meester (née Haas)
- Brother: Alexander Meester
- Father-in-Law: Mark Brody
- Mother-in-Law: Valerie Brody
- Brother-in-Law: Sean Brody
- Brother-in-Law: Matt Brody
Leighton Meester Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Leighton Meester with her past and current boyfriend details.
Leighton Meester dated:
- Aaron Himelstein (April 2007-December 2012) – Leighton Meester dated Aaron Himelstein, after they co-starred in the film Remember the Daze.
- Sebastian Stan (August 2008-April 2010) – Leighton Meester dated Sebastian Stan, after he made several guest appearances in Gossip Girl.
- Garrett Hedlund (June 2011) – Leighton Meester was linked to Country Strong co-star Garrett Hedlund after the pair was spotted hanging out together in London.
- Adam Brody (2010-PRESENT) – Leighton Meester dated Adam Brody, after they met while co-starring in the film The Oranges. They became engaged in November 2013, and were married on 15 February 2014. They have one child together.
Leighton Meester Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Leighton Meester Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 5′ 5″
- Height in Centimeters: 165 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 117 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 53 kg
- Body Measurements in Inches: 34-24-34 inches
- Body Measurements in Centimeters: 86-61-86 cm
- Bra Size: 32B
- Cup Size: B
Leighton Meester doesn’t abide by a particular diet, but tries to keep healthy by choosing foods that are less processed and more natural. Her diet incorporates whole grain products (like brown rice), grain produce, cooked and raw veg, beans and bean products.
Her personal trainer used a method where he devised the right training based on her body type analysis. He established that her balance and coordination needed work, and created a training regime of 45 minute sessions starting with a warm up, followed by different balance exercises, and ending with meditation.
Leighton Meester works out with her personal trainer at the park, where they use park equipment to do strength moves. The exercises include jumping squats, the flamingo (arms curling, torso tightening, legs kicking back), using gym bands, planks, frog jumps (leap frogs), rolling on a ball with push-ups and various push/pull exercises. They don’t count sets, but rather keep moving swiftly from one exercise and one body part to another.
She follows the 5-factor workout: Exercising for 25 minutes a day, 5 days a week. She combines cardio work, strength training and core exercise.
Leighton Meester Fun Facts
Leighton Meester Career Highlights & Awards
- 2009 & 2010 – Teen Choice Awards: Choice TV Actress-Drama (Gossip Girl)
- 2010 – Hollywood Film Awards: Spotlight Award (Country Strong)
Leighton Meester Quotes
“Even when people are so judgmental about what you wear or your weight you just have to step away and be like, ‘I’m a normal, fine human being.’”