Larry David Bio
Lawrence Gene “Larry” David, born on 2 July 1947 in Brooklyn, New York, is an American comedian, writer, actor, playwright and television producer. He was raised in a Jewish family, but is an atheist himself.
Larry David graduated from Sheepshead Bay High School. He completed a bachelor’s degree in History at the University of Maryland, College Park. After college, he enlisted in the United States Army Reserve.
While working as a stand-up comedian early in his career, Larry David also worked as a store clerk, limousine driver and historian. His first work for television was as a writer and cast member for ABC’s Fridays from 1980 to 1982, followed by writing for NBC’s Saturday Night Live (SNL) from 1984 to 1985.
In 1989, Larry David joined forces with comedian Jerry Seinfeld to create a pilot for NBC called The Seinfeld Chronicles, which became the basis for Seinfeld – one of the most successful shows in history. He served as Seinfeld’s head writer and executive producer from 1989 to 1996. He also made occasional uncredited appearances on the show, and was the voice of George Steinbrenner.
In 1996 Larry David left Seinfeld on friendly terms after the seventh season, but returned to write the series finale in two years later in 1998. After his departure he still continued to provide the voice for the Steinbrenner character.
From 2000 to 2017 Larry David is best known for creating the HBO series Curb Your Enthusiasm, in which he stars as a semi-fictionalized version of himself. The series followed after the HBO cable television channel aired David’s 1-hour special, Larry David: Curb Your Enthusiasm, on 17 October 1999.
Larry David Personal Details
- Born Name: Lawrence Gene David
- Age (in 2017): 70
- Date of Birth: July 2, 1947
- Birthplace: Brooklyn, New York, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Occupation: Comedian, Writer, Actor, Producer
- Net worth: 800 Million
- Official Website: http://larrydavidfan.com/
- Official Twitter: @BeingLarryDavid
Larry David Family Tree
- Wife name: Laurie Lennard (Divorced)
- Daughter: Cazzie David
- Daughter: Romy David
- Father name: Mortimer J. David
- Mother name: Rose (née Ratner)
- Sister: Gabrielle David Phimister
- Grandmother name: Carrie H. David (Paternal)
- Grandfather name: Frederick Gebhard David (Paternal)
Larry David Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Larry David with his past and current girlfriend details.
Larry David dated:
- Monica Yates (1970-1985)
- Laurie Lennard (1993-July 2007) – Larry David married Laurie Lennard on 31 March 31 1993. They have two daughters, and lived in Pacific Palisades, California. On 5 June 2007, the couple announced their intention to separate amicably. Laurie David filed for divorce on 13 July 2007, citing irreconcilable differences and seeking joint custody of the couple’s two daughters.
Larry David Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Larry David Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 5′ 11″
- Height in Centimeters: 180 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 176 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 80 kg
Larry David Fun Facts
Larry David Career Highlights & Awards
- 1991-1994 – Emmy Award: Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series (various episodes of Seinfeld) (Nominated)
- 1993 – Emmy Award: Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series (Seinfeld episode: The Contest) (Won)
- 1993 – Emmy Award: Outstanding Comedy Series (Seinfeld, with co-creator Jerry Seinfeld) (Won)
- 2002, 2004 & 2005 – Golden Globe Award: Best Actor in a Television Series – Musical or Comedy (Curb Your Enthusiasm) (Nominated)
- 2003, 2004, 2006, 2010 & 2012 – Emmy Award: Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series (Curb Your Enthusiasm) (Nominated)
- 2010 – Laurel Award: TV Writing Achievement from the Writers Guild of America
Larry David Quotes
“I think we’re all good and bad, but good’s not funny. Bad is funny. Suppress the good and let the bad out, and then you can be funny.”
“I wanted to make a living, but I really was not interested in money at all. I was interested in being a great comedian.”
Larry David Interesting Facts
- He says that he has never taken a photograph, or even owned a camera.
- He took piano lessons and learned the introduction to Rhapsody in Blue before giving it up.
- He hates listening to music to relax. (He prefers crossword puzzles.)
- He is obsessed with Turner Classic Movies.
- His favorite TV show of all time is Sgt. Bilko.
- He loves American Idol.
- He loves movies and TV shows set in high school, like Mean Girls and Degrassi.
- He has never put money in a jukebox, and does not understand why anybody would.
- His philosophy: “Everybody’s full of shit all the time. It’s hard to get along in this world, and that’s the way to do it.”
- He has never been to Israel, because the flight to get there is too long.
- He hates every holiday (Halloween, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, New Years, Christmas, Valentine’s Day and the Jewish High Holy Days), except Memorial Day and Columbus Day.
- He finds comedians with beards to be pretentious, and doesn’t think they’re funny.
- He was prepared to quit Seinfeld if NBC didn’t let them make the episode The Contest.