Kobe Bryant Bio
Kobe Bean Bryant, born on 23 August 1978 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is an American retired professional basketball player and businessman. He is best known as a shooting guard for the Los Angeles Lakers in the National Basketball Association (NBA).
After graduating from high school at 17 years of age, Kobe Bryant declared for the NBA draft in 1996 and was selected by the Charlotte Hornets. He was then traded to the Los Angeles Lakers. In 1997 he won the Slam Dunk Contest and, by his second season, he was named an All-Star.
With the Los Angeles Lakers, Kobe Bryant won five NBA championships. He is an 18-time All-Star, a 12-time member of the All-Defensive team and a 15-time member of the All-NBA Team. He also holds the NBA record for playing the most seasons with one franchise for an entire career. After the 2015–16 season he announced his retirement from the NBA.
Kobe Bryant Personal Details
- Born Name: Kobe Bean Bryant
- Age (in 2017): 39
- Date of Birth: August 23, 1978
- Birthplace: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Occupation: Basketball Player
- Net worth: 350 Million
- Official Website: http://www.kobebryant.com/
- Official Twitter: @kobebryant
Kobe Bryant Family Tree
- Wife name: Vanessa Laine
- Daughter: Bianka Bella Bryant
- Daughter: Gianna Maria-Onore Bryant
- Daughter: Natalia Diamante Bryant
- Father name: Joe Bryant
- Mother name: Pamela Cox Bryant
- Sister: Shaya Bryant
- Sister: Sharia Bryant
- Uncle name: John “Chubby” Cox (Maternal)
Kobe Bryant Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Kobe Bryant with his past and current girlfriend details.
Kobe Bryant dated:
- Brandy Norwood (April 1996-September 1996) – Kobe Bryant dated American singer Brandy Norwood.
- Jameika Williams (1997) – Kobe Bryant dated American attorney Jameika Williams.
- Vanessa Laine (November 1999-PRESENT) – Kobe Bryant married American homemaker Vanessa Laine on 18 April 2001 in Dana Point, California, after the couple was engaged in May 2000. Vanessa Bryant filed for divorce on 16 December 2011, citing irreconcilable differences, but the couple called off the divorce in January 2013. They have three children together.
- Katelyn Faber (June 2003) – Kobe Bryant had an encounter with American personality Katelyn Faber.
- Vanessa Curry (2008) – Kobe Bryant had an encounter with American dancer Vanessa Curry.
- Jessica Burciaga (2011) – Kobe Bryant had a rumored encounter with American model Jessica Burciaga. (RUMOR)
Kobe Bryant Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Kobe Bryant Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 6′ 6″
- Height in Centimeters: 198 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 205 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 93 kg
Kobe Bryant’s diet includes lots of vegetables, fruits, fish and lean meats. He strictly abides by his diet and does not eat any junk food. Organic green tea is incorporated throughout his diet. He also regularly has bone broth, which is a special soup prepared by LA Lakers’ official chef. It has also been reported that Kobe follows a custom Paleo diet (a.k.a the caveman diet), which involves eliminating high carb and processed food from his diet.
He trains around four hours a day.
His off-season workout involves 2 hours of running, 2 hours of shooting and skill conditioning, 1 hour of weightlifting and 1 hour of cardio. The workout has been dubbed the 666 program, because it totals 6 hours a day, six times a week, for six months.
Kobe Bryant starts his workout with a lot of track work. He often does high-intensity interval training (HIIT), which involves sprinting for 100-yards, followed by walking or jogging for the next 100-400 yards.
Kobe Bryant does a mix of traditional and Olympic weightlifting workouts.
Kobe Bryant makes (not takes) 700-1000 shots a day, and he won’t leave the gym until he’s made at least 400. His shooting drills involve shooting from 5 designated areas around the court, making 10 shots at each location. After starting with mid-range shots, he moves back to the three point line. From there, he works on turnaround shots, post-up shots, footwork, pivot jabs and layups.
Workout Program (Weightlifting)
Monday and Thursday (Upper Body)
- Bench press (3/4 sets; 8-12 reps)
- Lat pull downs (3/4 sets; 8-12 reps)
- Incline press (3/4 sets; 10-12 reps)
- Military press (3/4 sets; 8-12 reps)
- Bicep curls (3/4 sets; 10-12 reps)
- Iso-hold push-ups (3/4 sets; 10-12 reps)
Tuesday and Friday (Olympic Lifts)
- Stiff legged Deadlift (3/4 sets; 8-12 reps)
- Romanian Deadlift (3/4 sets; 10-12 reps)
- Clean Pulls (3/4 sets; 8-12 reps)
- Lateral Dumbbell Raises (3/4 sets; 8-12 reps)
- Bar dips (3/4 sets; 8-12 reps)
- Triceps Pressdown (3/4 sets; 8-12 reps)
Wednesday and Saturday (Lower body)
- Back squat/ Front squat (3/4 sets; 10-12 reps)
- Leg curls (3/4 sets; 10-12 reps)
- Leg extensions (3/4 sets; 8-12 reps)
- Calf raises (3/4 sets; 10-12 reps)
- Abs crunches (3/4 sets; 10-12 reps)
Kobe Bryant Fun Facts
Kobe Bryant Quotes
“Sports are such a great teacher. I think of everything they’ve taught me: camaraderie, humility, how to resolve differences.”
“To think of me as a person that’s overachieved, that would mean a lot to me. That means I put a lot of work in and squeezed every ounce of juice out of this orange that I could.”
“What people see on court is another side of me; it’s not me.”