Kevin Durand Bio
Kevin Serge Durand, born on 14 January 1974 in Thunder Bay, Ontario, is a Canadian actor and singer. Kevin Durand is a character actor in American films and television shows.
He made his screen debut in 1997 in an episode of the television show Exhibit A: Secrets of Forensic Science John Greer. In 1999 he made his film debut in Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, but his big movie break came later that year when he was cast in Mystery, Alaska.
He is best known for his roles in the television shows Dark Angel (2001), Lost (2008 and 2010) and The Strain (2014 – present); as well as for his roles in the films X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009), Legion (2010), Robin Hood (2010) and Smokin’ Aces (2007). In 2012 he received a Best Supporting Actor nomination at the Genie Awards for his portrayal of Lenny Jackson in Edwin Boyd: Citizen Gangster.
Kevin Durand Personal Details
- Born Name: Kevin Serge Durand
- Age (in 2017): 43
- Date of Birth: January 14, 1974
- Birthplace: Thunder Bay, Canada
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Occupation: Actor
- Net worth: 1.5 Million
- Official Website: –
- Official Twitter: @Kevin_Durand
Kevin Durand Family Tree
- Wife name: Sandra Cho
- Daughter: Amélie Moon Durand
- Father name: Serge Durand
- Mother name: Reina (née Perreault)
Kevin Durand Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Kevin Durand with his past and current girlfriend details.
Kevin Durand dated:
- Shiva Gordon
- Sandra Cho (2010-PRESENT) – Kevin Durand married long-time girlfriend Sandra Cho on 1 October 2010. They have one child together.
Kevin Durand Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Kevin Durand Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 6′ 6″
- Height in Centimeters: 198 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 240 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 109 kg
Kevin Durand Fun Facts
Kevin Durand Quotes
“As an actor, I’ve been all over the map, but since I’ve moved to Hollywood, people tend to cast me in these more imposing characters, which is actually really fun for me. I’ve always been way more attracted to playing that than the hero.”
“I started off as a rapper from Thunder Bay, Ontario, believe it or not. There was a little group of 10 or 12 of us that would get together and copy each other’s cassettes. So I was a rapper first, and it was that music that got me into this great entertainment world and got me out of Thunder Bay.”
“I did stand-up for a long time, and I did classical theater. As much time as you could spend on a stage will always inform you and your job, as you evolve. I feel the freedom of being able to find comedy in the darkest moments because it makes it way more interesting, I think.”
Kevin Durand Interesting Facts
- He played hockey as a kid.
- He was a teen rapper, known as Kevy D, and performed in local shows with his group, the AOK posse.
- He did stand-up comedy to help pay for his college tuition.
- He sings backup vocals on the album Gaslight (1998), which is the debut album of his friend Russell Crowe’s band, 30 Odd Foot of Grunts.
- He made his Broadway debut in 2001 in the musical The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.
- He is often cast as threatening and imposing characters because of his towering height.
- He is a native French speaker.