Kelly Rowland Bio
Kelly Rowland, born on 11 February 1981 in Atlanta, Georgia, is an American singer, songwriter, actress, television personality and mogul. She first rose to prominence as one of the lead singers of Destiny’s Child in the late 1990s.
Before the disbandment of Destiny’s Child in 2005, Kelly Rowland released her debut solo album Simply Deep in 2002. From 2007 to 2013 she released another three studio albums. She made her acting debut with a cameo role in the film Beverly Hood in 1999, and by 2005 she landed her first lead role in the film The Seat Filler. From 2007 to 2016 she also featured on numerous reality talent contest television shows, including as a judge on X Factor.
Throughout a career spanning 18 years, she has sold over 60 million records with Destiny’s Child and 40 million records as a solo artist. She has received several awards and nominations for her work, including four Grammy Awards, two Billboard Music Awards and two Soul Train Music Awards.
Kelly Rowland Personal Details
- Born Name: Kelendria Trene “Kelly” Rowland
- Age (in 2017): 36
- Date of Birth: February 11, 1981
- Birthplace: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Occupation: Singer
- Net worth: 20 Million
- Official Website: http://kellyrowland.com/
- Official Twitter: @KELLYROWLAND
Kelly Rowland Family Tree
- Husband name: Tim Witherspoon
- Boy: Titan Jewell Witherspoon
- Father name: Christopher Lovett Rowland
- Mother name: Doris Rowland (née Garrison) (Deceased)
- Brother: Orlando Rowland
Kelly Rowland Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Kelly Rowland with her past and current boyfriend details.
Kelly Rowland dated:
- Foti Kallergis (1997-1999)
- Nelly (2002) – Kelly Rowland was rumored to have dated rapper Nelly, after they did a hit song together. Both parties have denied the rumor. (RUMOR)
- Roy Williams (November 2003-January 2005) – Kelly Rowland was engaged to football player Roy Williams. Their wedding date was set for March 2005, but in January of that year they called off the wedding.
- Dwyane Wade (2007) – Kelly Rowland dated American basketball player Dwyane Wade.
- Fawaz Gruosi (May 2007) – Kelly Rowland is rumored to have dated jeweler Fawaz Gruosi. (RUMOR)
- Tim Witherspoon (2011-PRESENT) – Kelly Rowland began dating her manager Tim Witherspoon, and the couple announced their engagement in December 2013. They were married on 9 May 2014 in Costa Rica. They have one child together.
Kelly Rowland Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Kelly Rowland Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 5′ 8″
- Height in Centimeters: 173 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 128 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 58 kg
- Body Measurements in Inches: 32-24-34 inches
- Body Measurements in Centimeters: 81-61-86 cm
- Bra Size: 32B
- Cup Size: B
After giving birth to her baby, Kelly Rowland lost 70 pounds (32 kg) in four months.
Diet and Exercise Plan
In order to shed the post-baby weight, Kelly Rowland ate home cooked meals that included plenty of green tea, water and at least three servings of green vegetables. In the workout department, Kelly Rowland has been rotating between five fitness DVDs: Sexy Abs with Kelly Rowland, Sexy Abs Cardio Sculpt with Kelly Rowland, Bikini Bootcamp, Cardio Kickboxing and Power Yoga.
For the most part, she eats mainly chicken, fish and salad. To keep her anemia in check, she eats lots of protein-rich food and kale, while avoiding sweets, fried foods and alcohol.
Furthermore, she adheres to the 80/20 rule, which involves eating healthy 80 percent of the time and eating anything she wants to eat 20 percent of the time (her favorite treat is sticky toffee pudding).
- Breakfast: Oatmeal or egg whites and spinach, with spinach, kale, apple and ginger fresh juice.
- Snack: Apple with almonds.
- Lunch: Spelt pasta with homemade tomato and meat sauce.
- Snack: Kale and hummus.
- Dinner: Fish and a salad (rocket, kale, cucumber and celery).
Kelly Rowland works out four to five days a week for 46 to 60 minutes, doing yoga, Pilates, cardio-training, boxing, boot camps and circuit training. She also does at least 250 sit-ups every night. If she skipped a workout during the day, she’ll also do side leg lifts, 50 lady push-ups, side planks and 15 to 20 triceps dips off a chair.
Kelly Rowland Fun Facts
Kelly Rowland Quotes
“Judge me if you want to. And as a matter of fact, it won’t even count, ’cause the only person who can judge is God.”
“If you don’t know your worth, if you don’t know your value, if you don’t know how fantabulous you are – it’s going to be hard for other people to see it. Being appreciative of self is beauty to me.”