Jon Hamm Bio
Jonathan Daniel “Jon” Hamm, born on 10 March 1971 in St. Louis, Missouri, is an American actor, director, and television producer. His first acting job came when he was cast in a theater production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream, while he was studying at the University of Missouri.
He graduated in 1993 with a Bachelor of Arts in English. In 1995 he moved to Los Angeles permanently to pursue his acting career, and worked as a waiter for five years before making it in Hollywood. During that time he also worked in theater, and made his screen debut in 1996 as a contestant on The Big Date.
In 2000 he landed a recurring role drama series Providence. The same year he made his feature film debut in the film Space Cowboys. His breakthrough role came in 2007, when he was cast from more than 80 candidates as Don Draper in the drama series Mad Men.
Jon Hamm Personal Details
- Born Name: Jonathan Daniel Hamm
- Age (in 2017): 46
- Date of Birth: March 10, 1971
- Birthplace: St. Louis, Missouri, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Occupation: Actor, Voice Actor, Director, Producer
- Net worth: 30 Million
- Official Website: –
- Official Twitter: @JonHammOnline
Jon Hamm Family Tree
- Wife/Husband name: Not married
- No children
- Father name: Daniel Hamm (Deceased)
- Mother name: Deborah Hamm (Deceased)
- Half-sister: Unknown (Paternal)
- Half-sister: Unknown (Paternal)
Jon Hamm Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Jon Hamm with his past and current girlfriend details.
Jon Hamm dated:
- Jennifer Westfeldt (1997-September 2015) – Jon Hamm dated actress and screenwriter Jennifer Westfeldt, after they met at a mutual friend’s birthday party in Los Angeles in the late nineties when they were both struggling actors.
Jon Hamm Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Jon Hamm Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 6′ 2″
- Height in Centimeters: 188 cm
- Weight in Pounds: – pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: – kg
Jon Hamm does not go to the gym to get in shape, but instead he plays competitive sports like baseball and tennis.
Jon Hamm Fun Facts
Jon Hamm Career Highlights & Awards
- 2007 – Satellite Award: Best Cast – Television Series (Mad Men)
- 2008 – Golden Globe Award: Best Actor – Television Series Drama (Mad Men)
- 2009 & 2010 – Screen Actors Guild Award: Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series (Mad Men)
- 2010 – National Board of Review: Best Cast (The Town)
- 2011 – Critics’ Choice Television Award: Best Actor in a Drama Series (Mad Men)
- 2011 & 2015 – Television Critics Association Award: Individual Achievement in Drama (Mad Men)
- 2015 – Primetime Emmy Award: Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series (Mad Men)
- 2016 – Golden Globe Award: Best Actor – Television Series Drama (Mad Men)
Jon Hamm Quotes
“Acting is sort of an extension of childhood. You get to play all of these roles and have so much fun. Playing an athlete would be so cool, or where you get to shoot guns, ride horses. I wouldn’t turn down any of that.”
“I’ve gotten away with a lot in my life. The older you get the more you realize you’re not getting away with it, it’s taking its toll somewhere. So you try not to put yourself in those situations. Part of the mysterious process called growing up. Some people do that better than others.”
Jon Hamm Favorite Things
- Author: John Irving
- Movie: Fletch
- Sport team: West Ham
- Song lyric: “What you once were isn’t what you want to be any more,” from A Shot in the Arm by Wilco.
Jon Hamm Interesting Facts
- He is a recovering alcoholic.
- He gave up smoking when he was 24 years old, and smoked herbal cigarettes when his role as Don Draper in Mad Men required him to smoke.
- He developed vitiligo throughout the filming of Mad Men.
- He identifies as a Democrat.