Jodie Foster Bio
Alicia Christian “Jodie” Foster, born on 19 November 1962 in Los Angeles, California, is an American actress and filmmaker. She is best known for her award-winning leading roles in films and has often been cited as one of the greatest actresses of her generation.
Jodie Foster began her career, at the age of three, in 1965 as a child model. She made her acting debut as a guest star on the television Mayberry R.F.D. (1968–1970). In 1972 she made her feature film debut in the adventure drama Napoleon and Samantha. She landed her breakthrough role in 1976 in the film Taxi Driver.
In 1988 Jodie Foster successfully transitioned to adult roles when she received critical acclaim for her role in the film The Accused. She made her debut as a film director in 1991 with the moderately successful Little Man Tate. In 1992 she founded her own production company, Egg Pictures. Among numerous other awards, Jodie Foster has won two Academy Awards, three BAFTA Awards, three Golden Globe Awards, a Screen Actors Guild Award and the Cecil B DeMille Award.
Jodie Foster Personal Details
- Born Name: Alicia Christian Foster
- Age (in 2017): 55
- Date of Birth: November 9, 1962
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Occupation: Actress
- Net worth: 100 Million
- Official Website: –
- Official Twitter: –
Jodie Foster Family Tree
- Wife name: Alexandra Hedison
- Boy: Charles “Charlie” Foster
- Boy: Christopher “Kit” Foster
- Father name: Lucius Fisher Foster III
- Mother name: Evelyn Ella “Brandy” (née Almond)
- Sister: Constance “Connie” Foster
- Sister: Lucinda “Cindy” Foster
- Brother: Lucius Fisher “Buddy” Foster
- Half-sister: Amy Foster (Paternal)
- Mother-in-Law name: Bridget Hedison
- Father-in-Law name: David Hedison
Jodie Foster Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Jodie Foster with her past and current boyfriend/girlfriend details.
Jodie Foster dated:
- Gina Schock – Jody Foster dated drummer Gina Schock.
- Jamie Lee Curtis – Jody Foster had a rumored encounter with American actress Jamie Lee Curtis. (RUMOR)
- Gillian Anderson – Jody Foster had a rumored encounter with American-British actress Gillian Anderson. (RUMOR)
- Tina Landau (1981-1983) – Jody Foster dated American educator Tina Landau, who directed her in plays at Yale University.
- Nastassja Kinski (1982-1983) – Jody Foster had a rumored encounter with German actress Nastassja Kinski. (RUMOR)
- Jennifer Beals (1983-1986) – Jody Foster dated American actress Jennifer Beals.
- Rob Lowe (1984) – Jody Foster had a rumored encounter with American actor Rob Lowe. (RUMOR)
- Marco Pasanella (1986) – Jody Foster had a rumored encounter with American architect Marco Pasanella. (RUMOR)
- Kelly McGillis (1988) – Jody Foster dated American actress Kelly McGillis.
- Julian Sands (1988-1989) – Jody Foster is rumored to have dated English actor Julian Sands. (RUMOR)
- Cydney Bernard (1993-2008) – Jody Foster dated Cydney Bernard after the pair met on the set of Sommersby. They have two children together.
- Russell Crowe (1999) – Jody Foster dated New Zealander actor Russell Crowe.
- Cynthia Mort (2008) – Jody Foster dated American writer Cynthia Mort.
- Alexandra Hedison (2013-PRESENT) – Jody Foster married American actress and photographer Alexandra Hedison in April 2014.
Jodie Foster Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Jodie Foster Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 5′ 3″
- Height in Centimeters: 160 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 121 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 55 kg
- Body Measurements in Inches: 34-24-33 inches
- Body Measurements in Centimeters: 86-61-84 cm
- Bra Size: 34B
- Cup Size: B
Jodie Foster believes in eating organically and adhering to portion control. By eating in moderation she does not have to exclude any foods from her diet.
Jodie Foster does spinning classes, cardio exercises, weightlifting, kick-boxing, karate, yoga and Pilates.
Jodie Foster Fun Facts
Jodie Foster Quotes
“As an actor, I’m attracted to drama; as a director, it’s humor – because it’s the story of my life, and I can’t be that serious about it. Being alone is a big theme in all my movies, both as a director and as an actress.”
“I don’t make movies because I love to act. I make movies because I like to make movies, and I like to be a part of that process.”
“Normal is not something to aspire to, it’s something to get away from.”
Jodie Foster Interesting Facts
- She is an atheist.
- She supports gun control.
- She was stalked by John Hinckley Jr., who became obsessed with her after watching the movie Taxi Driver. The stalker later attempted to assassinate U.S president Ronald Reagan and said he did so to impress Jodi Foster.
- In 1998 an asteroid was named after her – 17744Jodiefoster.
- She received an honorary Doctor of Fine Arts degree from Yale University in 1997.