Jay Z Bio
Shawn Corey Carter (known professionally as Jay Z), born on 4 December 1969 in Brooklyn, New York, is an American rapper, businessman and investor. He is known as one of the best-selling musicians of all time and has sold more than 100 million records.
Jay Z released his debut album, Reasonable Doubt, in 1996, and has released a total of 12 studio albums. Along with numerous other awards, he has won 21 Grammy Awards. In 2006 he was ranked as the Greatest MC of all time by MTV.
In business, he co-owns the 40/40 Club sports bar in New York; is the co-creator of the urban clothing brand clothing line Rocawear; is the former president of Def Jam Recordings; is the co-founder of Roc-A-Fella Records and is the founder of the entertainment company Roc Nation. He also founded the sports agency Roc Nation Sports and is a certified MLB and NBA sports agent.
Jay Z Personal Details
- Born Name: Shawn Corey Carter
- Age (in 2017): 47
- Date of Birth: December 4, 1970
- Birthplace: Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Occupation: Rapper
- Net worth: 600 Million
- Official Website: http://www.jayzonline.com/
- Official Twitter: @S_C_
Jay Z Family Tree
- Wife name: Beyoncé Knowles
- Boy: Isa Jael
- Daughter: Blue Ivy Carter
- Father name: Adness Reeves
- Mother name: Gloria Carter
- Brother: Eric Carter
- Sister: Andrea Carter
- Sister: Michelle Carter
- Mother-in-Law name: Tina Knowles
- Father-in-Law name: Mathew Knowles
- Brother-in-Law name: Nixon Knowles
- Sister-in-Law name: Bianca Lawson
- Sister-in-Law name: Solange Knowles
Jay Z Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Jay Z with his past and current girlfriend details.
Jay Z dated:
- Ananda Lewis – Jay Z had a rumored encounter with American video jockey Ananda Lewis. (RUMOR)
- Maia Campbell – Jay Z is rumored to have dated American actress Maia Campbell. (RUMOR)
- Rachel Roy – Jay Z had an encounter with American fashion designer Rachel Roy.
- Chrissy Lampkin – Jay Z had a rumored encounter with American reality television personality Chrissy Lampkin. (RUMOR)
- Trina – Jay Z had an encounter with American rapper Trina.
- Amil – Jay Z had a rumored encounter with American rapper Amil. (RUMOR)
- Mya – Jay Z is rumored to have dated American singer Mya. (RUMOR)
- Foxy Brown – Jay Z dated American rapper Foxy Brown.
- Tionne ‘T-Boz’ Watkins (1995-1998) – Jay Z dated American singer Tionne ‘T-Boz’ Watkins.
- Lil’ Kim (1998-2000) – Jay Z dated American rapper Lil’ Kim.
- Aaliyah (1999) – Jay Z dated American singer Aaliyah.
- Charlie Baltimore (1999) – Jay Z had an encounter with American rapper Charlie Baltimore.
- Carmen Bryan (1999-2001) – Jay Z dated American personality Carmen Bryan.
- Rosario Dawson (2000) – Jay Z had an encounter with American actress Rosario Dawson.
- Shenelle Scott (2000-2001) – Jay Z dated Tobagonian Model Shenelle Scott. They have one child together.
- Karrine Steffans (2000) – Jay Z had an encounter with American author Karrine Steffans.
- Blu Cantrell (2001) – Jay Z dated American singer Blu Cantrell.
- Beyoncé Knowles (June 2002-PRESENT) – Jay Z married American singer Beyoncé Knowles on 4 April 2008, after the couple was engaged on 4 December 2007. They have one child together.
- Rihanna (2006) – Jay Z had an encounter with Barbadian singer Rihanna.
- Kim Kardashian West (October 2007) – Jay Z had a rumored encounter with American reality television personality Kim Kardashian West. (RUMOR)
- Yes Liv Can (2008) – Jay Z had an encounter with American rapper Yes Liv Can.
- Rita Ora (2009) – Jay Z had an encounter with Kosovar singer Rita Ora.
Jay Z Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Jay Z Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 6′ 2″
- Height in Centimeters: 188 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 183 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 83 kg
Jay Z recently underwent a 22-day vegan challenge, where he ate plant-based food for 22 days straight. His breakfast of choice is oatmeal, cooked with water or almond milk, topped with nuts or fresh berries. Alternatively, he’ll make a smoothie made of almond milk, spinach, 1 scoop almond butter, 1 frozen banana and 2 scoops Borges’ protein powder. His go-to snack is a Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bar.
Jay Z does a total body workout, including cardio, interval training and ab work. He also does the Power Moves fitness program, which focusses on four key functional areas of the body that need to be trained: Shoulders (S), Hips (H), Elbows (E) and Knee (K). Workout moves include squat and press, cobra planks, reverse lunges, push up into side plank and heel touch crunches.
Jay Z Fun Facts
Jay Z Quotes
“I was forced to be an artist and a CEO from the beginning, so I was forced to be like a businessman because when I was trying to get a record deal, it was so hard to get a record deal on my own that it was either give up or create my own company.”
“Hip-hop is more about attaining wealth. People respect success. They respect big. They don’t even have to like your music. If you’re big enough, people are drawn to you.”
“I’ve never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I’ve always wanted to stay true to myself, and I’ve managed to do that. People have to accept that.”