Jane Fonda Bio
Jane Fonda, born Jayne Seymour Fonda on 21 December 1937 in New York City, New York, is an American actress, writer, political activist, former fashion model and fitness guru. She is best known for starring in numerous films and has received many awards for her work.
Jane Fonda made her Broadway debut in the 1960 play There Was a Little Girl. The same year she made her film debut in the romantic comedy Tall Story. In 1982 she made her television debut in an episode of the series 9 to 5, after originally starring in the film by the same name in 1980.
Also in 1982, she released her first exercise video, Jane Fonda’s Workout, which at the time became the highest-selling video. She released a total 22 workout videos from 1982 to 2012, which collectively sold over 17 million copies. Since 2015 she has been starring and executively producing the comedy web television series Grace and Frankie.
Jane Fonda Personal Details
- Born Name: Jayne Seymour Fonda
- Age (in 2017): 80
- Date of Birth: December 21, 1937
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Occupation: Actress
- Net worth: 125 Million
- Official Website: http://www.janefonda.com/
- Official Twitter: @Janefonda
Jane Fonda Family Tree
- Husband name: Roger Vadim (Divorced)
- Husband name: Tom Hayden (Divorced)
- Husband name: Ted Turner (Divorced)
- Boyfriend: Richard Perry
- Boy: Troy O’Donovan Garity
- Daughter: Vanessa Vadim
- Daughter: Mary Luana Williams (Adopted)
- Father name: Henry Fonda
- Mother name: Frances Ford Brokaw (née Seymour)
- Brother: Peter Fonda
- Half-sister: Frances de Villers Brokaw (Maternal)
- Half-sister: Amy Fishman (Paternal)
- Grandmother name: Sophie Mildred Seymour (Maternal)
- Grandfather name: Eugene Ford Seymour (Maternal)
- Grandmother name: Elma Herberta Fonda (Paternal)
- Grandfather name: William Brace Fonda (Paternal)
- Granddaughter: Viva Vadim
- Grandson: Malcolm Vadim
- Niece name: Pilar Corrias
- Niece name: Bridget Fonda
- Nephew name: Justin Fonda
Jane Fonda Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Jane Fonda with her past and current boyfriend details.
Jane Fonda dated:
- James Franciscus – Jane Fonda dated American actor James Franciscus.
- Geraldo Rivera – Jane Fonda had an encounter with American attorney, reporter, author and talk show host Geraldo Rivera.
- Warren Beatty – Jane Fonda had an encounter with American actor, producer, screenwriter and director Warren Beatty.
- Claude Terrail – Jane Fonda had a rumored encounter with French business professional Claude Terrail. (RUMOR)
- Sandy Whitelaw – Jane Fonda dated actor and director Sandy Whitelaw.
- William Wellman Jr. – Jane Fonda dated American actor William Wellman Jr.
- Robert Scheer – Jane Fonda dated American journalist Robert Scheer.
- Michelle Phillips – Jane Fonda had an encounter with American musician and actress Michelle Phillips.
- Mick Jagger – Jane Fonda had an encounter with English musician and actor Mick Jagger.
- John Phillips – Jane Fonda had an encounter with American musician John Phillips.
- José De Vicuna (1956) – Jane Fonda dated José De Vicuna.
- Roger Vadim (1963-January 1973) – Jane Fonda married French director Roger Vadim on 14 August 1965 at the Dunes Hotel in Las Vegas. They have on child together. The couple divorced in January 1973 in Santo Domingo.
- Donald Sutherland (1971-1972) – Jane Fonda dated Canadian actor Donald Sutherland.
- Tom Hayden (1972-June 1990) – Jane Fonda married activist Tom Hayden on 19 January 1973 in a free-form ceremony at her home in Laurel Canyon. They have one biological child and one adoptive child together. The couple divorced on 10 June 1990 in Santa Monica.
- Lorenzo Caccialanza (1989-1990) – Jane Fonda dated Italian football player Lorenzo Caccialanza.
- Ted Turner (1990-May 2001) – Jane Fonda married cable-television tycoon and CNN founder Ted Turner on 21 December 1991 at a ranch near Capps, Florida. The couple divorced on 22 May 2001 in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Richard Perry (October 2009-PRESENT) – Jane Fonda is dating record producer Richard Perry.
Jane Fonda Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Jane Fonda Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 5′ 8″
- Height in Centimeters: 173 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 125 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 57 kg
- Body Measurements in Inches: 34-26-32 inches
- Body Measurements in Centimeters: 86-66-81 cm
- Bra Size: 34B
- Cup Size: B
Jane Fonda follows a low-carb diet, no sugar diet of fresh fruit and veg, fish, chicken and whole grains. She tries to eat a variety of colors every day and doesn’t go to bed without having something dark green, dark purple, red, orange and yellow.
- Breakfast: a large, nutritious meal, like soft-boiled or poached eggs, whole-grain cereal or toast, yogurt or fresh fruit.
- Lunch: she eats a late lunch
- Dinner: a very light meal or nothing
After undergoing major back surgery and a hip and knee replacement, Jane Fonda has traded high-impact aerobics for a gentler, more yoga-based approach. As she is now older, her main focus now is core training – paying special attention to the specific muscles that help stabilize the pelvis. Apart from yoga, Jane Fonda also strength-trains (using lighter weights and resistance bands), cycles, uses the elliptical trainer and does Pilates very gently.
Jane Fonda works out every day. She has replaced running with walking, and hikes for an hour on most days of the week. She also does resistance training four days a week.
Jane Fonda Fun Facts
Jane Fonda Quotes
“I believe in fitness. Whether you’re young, whether you’re old, whether you’ve been exercising or just starting. It’s important. Maybe the most important thing in having a successful, long life.”
“I suffered from eating disorders…and I had very low self-esteem, which is why I have such compassion for women around these issues; I’ve been there.”