Jack White Bio
Jack White, born John Anthony Gillis on 9 July 1975 in Detroit, Michigan, is an American musician, singer, songwriter, record producer and actor. He is best known as the lead singer and guitarist of duo The White Stripes.
Jack White landed his first professional gig when he was 19 years old – as the drummer for the Detroit band Goober & the Peas. After marrying Meg White, they formed American rock duo The White Stripes in 1997. After signing to Italy Records in 1998, The White Stripes released six studio albums from 1999 to 2007.
In 2001 Jack White founded Third Man Records. He also formed two more bands: The Raconteurs in 2005, where he features on vocals, guitar, keyboards, organ, piano, stylophone and mandolin, as well as The Dead Weather in 2009, where he features on drums, lead vocals and guitar. He released his debut solo album, Blunderbuss, in 2012, and his second solo studio album, Lazaretto, in 2014.
Jack White Personal Details
- Born Name: John Anthony Gillis
- Age (in 2017): 42
- Date of Birth: July 9, 1975
- Birthplace: Detroit, Michigan, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Occupation: Musician
- Net worth: 30 Million
- Official Website: http://jackwhiteiii.com/tinman/
- Official Twitter: –
Jack White Family Tree
- Wife name: Megan White (Divorced)
- Wife name: Karen Elson (Divorced)
- Boy: Henry Lee White
- Daughter: Scarlett Teresa White
- Father name: Gorman M. Gillis
- Mother name: Teresa Gillis (née Bandyk)
- Siblings: He has nine siblings.
Jack White Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Jack White with his past and current girlfriend details.
Jack White dated:
- Megan White (1996-2000) – Jack White started dating Megan White, after he met her, when he was a high school senior, at the Memphis Smoke restaurant where she worked. The couple married on 21 September 1996, and he took her last name. They officially divorced on 24 March 2000.
- Marcie Bolan (2002-2003) – Jack White dated musician Marcie Bolan.
- Renée Zellweger (2003-December 2004) – Jack White briefly dated actress Renée Zellweger, after they met during the filming of Cold Mountain.
- Karen Elson (April 2005-November 2013) – Jack White started dating British model Karen Elson, after she appeared in the music video for the song Blue Orchid. The couple married on 1 June 2005, in Manaus, Brazil. They have two children together. In June 2011 the couple announced their intention to divorce, and the divorce was finalized on 26 November 2013.
- Alison Mosshart (2009) – Jack White had an encounter with musician Alison Mosshart.
- Lillie Mae Rische (2014-June 2015) – Jack White dated musician Lillie Mae Rische.
Jack White Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Jack White Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 6′ 2″
- Height in Centimeters: 188 cm
- Weight in Pounds: – pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: – kg
Jack White Fun Facts
Jack White Quotes
“When you see a band that is two pieces, husband and wife, boyfriend and girlfriend, you think, ‘Oh, I see…’ When they’re brother and sister, you go, ‘Oh, that’s interesting.’ You care more about the music, not the relationship—whether they’re trying to save their relationship by being in a band.”
“It is a myth that art has to be sold. It is not like stocking a grocery store where people fill a pushcart. Art is a product that has no apparent need. The salesperson builds the need in the mind of the buyer.”
“I’d make a White Stripes record right now. I’d be in the White Stripes for the rest of my life. That band is the most challenging, important, fulfilling thing ever to happen to me. I wish it was still here. It’s something I really, really miss.”
Jack White Favorite Things
- Guitar to use onstage: 1965 JB Hutto Montgomery Airline
- Summer stage: The Reading and Leeds NME tent
- Blues guitarist: Son House and Blind Willie McTell
- Song of all time: Grinnin’ in Your Face by Son House
- Beatle: Paul McCartney