Hayley Elizabeth Atwell, born on 5 April 1982 in London, England, is a British-American actress. As the daughter of an American father and a British mother, she was raised in Ladbroke Grove, London. Hayley Atwell has dual citizenship of the UK and the US.
She attended Sion-Manning Roman Catholic Girls’ School in London, but took A-levels at the London Oratory School. In 2005 she graduated from the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London.
Her first feature film role was in Woody Allen’s 2007 film Cassandra’s Dream, in which she took the part of a stage actress opposite Colin Farrell and Ewan McGregor. In 2008, she earned praise and nominations from the British Independent Film Awards and the London Film Critics’ Circle Awards when she appeared in the film The Duchess (as Bess Foster) and the film Brideshead Revisited (as Lady Julia Flyte).
Hayley Atwell made her West End début in January 2009 in Lindsay Posner’s revival of A View from the Bridge at the Duke of York’s Theatre, which earned her a Laurence Olivier Award nomination. Hayley appeared as “415” in AMC Television’s November 2009 miniseries, The Prisoner, a remake of the 1967–68 series by the same name.
Hayley played perhaps her most widely recognized role as Agent Peggy Carter in the 2011 superhero movie Captain America: The First Avenger, and was named one of the Breakout Stars to Watch for in 2011 by MTV Networks’ NextMovie.com. She reprised the role in the film’s 2014 sequel, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and 2016 sequel, Captain America: Civil War.
Hayley Atwell Personal Details
- Born Name: Hayley Elizabeth Atwell
- Age (in 2017): 35
- Date of Birth: April 5, 1982
- Birthplace: London, England
- Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Occupation: Actress
- Net worth: 3 Million
- Official Website: http://hayley-atwell.net/
- Official Twitter: –
Hayley Atwell Family Tree
- Husband name: Not married
- No children
- Father name: Grant Atwell
- Mother name: Allison (née Cain)
Hayley Atwell Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Hayley Atwell with her past and current boyfriend details.
Hayley Atwell dated:
- Paul Wilson (2012-2013) – Paul Wilson is a Scottish Bassist.
- Stephen Merchant (2013) – Stephen Merchant is a British Actor. (RUMOR)
- Evan Jones (2014 to 2015)
Hayley Atwell Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Hayley Atwell Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 5′ 7″
- Height in Centimeters: 170 cm
- Weight in Pounds: – pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: – kg
- Body Measurements in Inches: 36-26-34 inches
- Body Measurements in Centimeters: 91-66-86 cm
- Bra Size: 36DD
- Cup Size: DD
Diet and Exercise Plan
Hayley Atwell combines various detox diets with cardio exercises:
- Her high-protein diet plan consists of beans, kelps, mushrooms, maple syrup, quinoa, cauliflower, yogurt and cottage cheese.
- She does military circuits, hard running every day and endless lunges and squats.
Deadlifts, abdominals, running once a day, deltoids (shoulders), swimming, pectorals and biceps exercises
One of the exercises Atwell does is the isolated cross-over move:
Lie on your back on a mat, raise your left leg in the air and bend the knee to 90 degrees. Place your hands at the side of your head and tighten your abdominals. Breathe out and twist from the waist, lifting your body towards the raised left leg. Breathe in and lower back down to the start position. Perform 12 to 15 repetitions on this side before switching legs.
Hayley Atwell Fun Facts
Hayley Atwell Career Highlights & Awards
- 2008 – British Independent Film Awards : Best Supporting Actress (The Duchess)
- 2010 – Golden Globe Awards: Best Actress – Miniseries or Television Film (The Pillars of the Earth)
- 2011 – Scream Awards: Breakthrough Performance – Female (Captain America: The First Avenger)
- 2011 – Scream Awards: Best Science Fiction Actress (Captain America: The First Avenger)
- 2015 – Saturn Awards: Best Actress Television (Agent Carter)
Hayley Atwell Quotes
“I’ve kicked six stuntmen in the bollocks, hit someone over the back with a lead pipe and launched an iron chair at an assistant director – all completely by accident. When it comes to stunts I have a lot of confidence and little skill.”
“I’ve always felt quite genderless, which is odd, because I have big boobs.”