Gabrielle Union Bio
Gabrielle Monique Union-Wade, born on 29 October 1972 in Omaha, Nebraska, is an American actress. She is best known for her roles in romantic comedy films, like The Brothers (2001), Deliver Us from Eva (2003), Daddy’s Little Girls (2007), Think Like a Man (2012) and Think Like a Man Too (2014).
Gabrielle Union made her television debut in 1993 in an episode of Family Matters, followed by appearances in various television sitcoms. In 1999 she made her film debut with a supporting role in the teen comedy She’s All That. She landed her breakthrough role in 2000 in the teen comedy film Bring It On.
Since 2004 she has been a spokeswoman for Neutrogena, and in 2014 she became the first celebrity ambassador and creative adviser for nail polish company SensatioNail. She also launched a clothing line for plus-sized women, Love & Blessings, in 2010.
Gabrielle Union Personal Details
- Born Name: Gabrielle Monique Union
- Age (in 2017): 45
- Date of Birth: October 29, 1972
- Birthplace: Omaha, Nebraska, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Occupation: Actress
- Net worth: 12 Million
- Official Website: –
- Official Twitter: @itsgabrielleu
Gabrielle Union Family Tree
- Husband name: Chris Howard (Divorced)
- Husband name: Dwyane Wade
- Stepson: Zion Malachi Airamis Wade
- Stepson: Zaire Blessing Dwyane Wade
- Stepson: Xavier Zechariah Wade
- Father name: Sylvester E. Union
- Mother name: Theresa Union (née Glass)
- Father-in-Law name: Dwyane Wade Sr.
- Mother-in-Law name: Jolinda Wade
- Brother-in-Law name: Demetris McDaniel
- Brother-in-Law name: Darnell McDaniel
- Brother-in-Law name: Kodhmus McDaniel
- Sister-in-Law name: Deanna Wade
- Sister-in-Law name: Tragil Wade
Gabrielle Union Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Gabrielle Union with her past and current boyfriend details.
Gabrielle Union dated:
- Jason Kidd – Gabrielle Union dated American basketball player Jason Kidd while they were in high school.
- Ludacris – Gabrielle Union dated American rapper Ludacris.
- Chris Howard (1999-April 2006) – Gabrielle Union married American football player Chris Howard on 5 May 2001. The couple separated in October 2005, and their divorce was finalized in April 2006.
- Darren Sharper (2006-2007) – Gabrielle Union dated American football player Darren Sharper.
- Dwyane Wade (October 2009-PRESENT) – Gabrielle Union married American basketball player Dwyane Wade on 30 August 2014 in Miami, Florida, after the couple was engaged on 21 December 2013. Gabrielle Union became the stepmother to Dwayne Wade’s three children.
Gabrielle Union Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Gabrielle Union Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 5′ 7″
- Height in Centimeters: 170 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 126 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 57 kg
- Body Measurements in Inches: 34-24-32 inches
- Body Measurements in Centimeters: 86-61-81 cm
- Bra Size: 34B
- Cup Size: B
Gabrielle Union follows a mainly organic diet of lean cuts of meat and fish and at least two servings of leafy greens a day. She ensures her plate has many different colors on. However, she does not deprive herself. Instead, she applies portion control. For a snack, she always has unsalted almonds at hand. Furthermore, she replaces sugary drinks with water and drinks a gallon of water a day. She also enjoys green juices.
Gabrielle Union’s workout routine with her personal trainer often includes 20 jumping jacks, running on the spot for 30 seconds, 10 push-ups, 10 stay-ups, 15 curls and 15 squats, which she completes in two minutes before repeating the routine a few times. Her workout begins and ends with 15 to 20 minutes of stretching. While doing daily cardio sessions on the elliptical or treadmill, she wears a heart monitor and keeps her heart rate between 120 and 160 beats per minute. She also burns around 800 calories in a 90-minute session of sprinting and kickboxing with her trainer.
When she is not working out with her trainer, Gabrielle Union keeps an active lifestyle. She plays basketball on the court at her house with her family or takes a jog with her dogs.
Gabrielle Union will work out regularly with her trainer for three or four months, before taking a break from her workout routine. She spends 90 minutes per workout.
Gabrielle Union Fun Facts
Gabrielle Union Quotes
“Hollywood needs to recognize all shades of African American beauty.”
“I’m just riding this train as long as I can. As long as I’m having fun, I’ll do it. When it stops being fun, I’ll try something else. Maybe I’ll open up a chain of Popeye’s Chicken.”
“I love romantic comedies. They’re for me the easiest thing to do and the most natural to do. There’s nothing natural about holding an Uzi hanging out of a moving van shooting at people. That’s not second nature to me, thank God.”