Eddie Vedder Bio
Eddie Vedder, born Edward Louis Severson on 23 December 1964 in Evanston, Illinois, is an American musician, singer and songwriter. He is best known as lead vocalist and guitarist of the grunge band Pearl Jam.
Eddie Vedder started making music when he received a guitar from his mother on his twelfth birthday. After several stints in San Diego area bands, he became the vocalist for the San Diego progressive funk rock band Bad Radio in 1988.
Pearl Jam was formed in 1990, and Eddie Vedder joined the band soon after. The band signed to Epic Records in 1991, and has released ten studio albums. Eddie Vedder released his first solo album (as a soundtrack for the film Into the Wild) in 2007 and his second album in 2011.
Eddie Vedder Personal Details
- Born Name: Edward Louis Severson
- Age (in 2017): 53
- Date of Birth: December 23, 1964
- Birthplace: Evanston, Illinois, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Occupation: Singer
- Net worth: 90 Million
- Official Website: https://pearljam.com/
- Official Twitter: @PearlJam
Eddie Vedder Family Tree
- Wife name: Beth Liebling (Divorced)
- Wife name: Jill McCormick
- Daughter: Olivia Vedder
- Daughter: Harper Vedder
- Father name: Edward Louis Severson, Jr.
- Adoptive father: Peter Mueller
- Mother name: Karen Lee Vedder
- Half-brother: Chris Mueller (Maternal)
- Half-brother: Jason Mueller (Maternal)
- Half-brother: Michael Mueller (Maternal)
- Mother-in-Law name: Amy McCormick
- Father-in-Law name: Bud McCormick
Eddie Vedder Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Eddie Vedder with his past and current girlfriend details.
Eddie Vedder dated:
- Beth Liebling (March 1984-September 2000) – Eddie Vedder married musician Beth Liebling on 3 June 1994 in Rome. The couple divorced in 2000.
- Jill McCormick (2000-PRESENT) – Eddie Vedder married model Jill McCormick on 18 September 2010, after becoming engaged in December 2009. They have two children together.
Eddie Vedder Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Eddie Vedder Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 5′ 7″
- Height in Centimeters: 170 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 150 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 68 kg
Eddie Vedder Fun Facts
Eddie Vedder Career Highlights & Awards
- 2007 – SIMA Waterman’s Honorees: Environmentalist of the Year (Won)
- 2007 – Satellite Awards: Best Original Song (Rise from Into the Wild) (Nominated)
- 2008 – Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards: Best Song (Guaranteed from Into the Wild) (Nominated)
- 2008 – Golden Globe Awards: Best Original Song (Guaranteed from Into the Wild) (Won)
- 2008 – Golden Globe Awards: Best Original Score (Into the Wild, with Michael Brook and Kaki King) (Nominated)
- 2008 – Grammy Awards: Best Song Written for a Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media (Guaranteed from Into the Wild) (Nominated)
- 2008 – mtvU Woodie Awards: The Good Woodie (Nominated)
- 2008 – Online Film Critics Society Awards: Best Original Score (Into the Wild, with Michael Brook and Kaki King) (Nominated)
- 2008 – World Soundtrack Awards: Best Original Song Written Directly for a Film (Guaranteed from Into the Wild) (Nominated)
- 2009 – Grammy Awards: Best Rock Vocal Performance, Solo (Rise) (Nominated)
Eddie Vedder Quotes
“At a certain point, you realize you have a responsibility more behind yourself and your need for adrenaline. I’m glad I did things in my 20s that were more reckless.”
“I don’t need drugs to make my life tragic.”
“Music was your real passion, this thing you held dear even above family. It was this relationship that never betrayed you. Once it became your job – this thing that was highly visible, this thing that became about commerce – that’s when you were holding onto music like it was a palm tree in a hurricane.”
Eddie Vedder Interesting Facts
- He will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of Pearl Jam in 2017.
- He grew up thinking is stepfather is his real father, and only learnt the truth once his biological father was already dead.
- He is an atheist.
- He is a surfer and active in surf-related conservation efforts. He is also a friend of famed surfers Kelly Slater and Laird Hamilton.
- He is a Chicago Bulls, Chicago Bears fan and die-hard Chicago Cubs fan.
- He has been ranked at #7 on Rolling Stone’s “Best lead singer of All Time” list.
- He was a close friend of the late Ramones guitarist Johnny Ramone, and was at his side when he died.