Dwyane Wade Bio
Dwyane Tyrone Wade Jr., born on 17 January 1982 in Chicago, Illinois is an American professional basketball player. He plays as a shooting guard for the National Basketball Association. He had a successful college career at Marquette in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Dwyane Wade was drafted fifth overall in the 2003 NBA draft by the Miami Heat. The following twelve seasons, he was named to the All-Rookie team and the All-Star team. In his third season, he led the Heat to their first NBA championship in franchise history and was named the 2006 NBA Finals MVP. At the 2008 Summer Olympics, Wade led the United States men’s basketball team in scoring, and helped them win the gold medal in Beijing, China.
In the 2008–09 season, Dwyane Wade led the league in scoring and earned his first NBA scoring title. He helped guide Miami Heat to four consecutive NBA Finals from 2011 to 2014, and won back-to-back championships in 2012 and 2013. He departed the Heat in free agency to play for the Chicago Bulls in 2016.
Dwyane Wade Personal Details
- Born Name: Dwyane Tyrone Wade, Jr.
- Age (in 2017): 35
- Date of Birth: January 17, 1982
- Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Occupation: Sport, Basketball
- Net worth: 100 Million
- Official Website: http://dwyanewade.com/
- Official Twitter: @DwyaneWade
Dwyane Wade Family Tree
- Wife name: Siohvaughn Funches (Divorced)
- Wife name: Gabrielle Union
- Boy: Zaire Blessing Dwyane Wade
- Boy: Zion Malachi Airamis Wade
- Boy: Xavier Zechariah Wade
- Father name: Dwyane Wade Sr.
- Mother name: JoLinda Wade
- Brother: Demetris McDaniel
- Brother: Darnell McDaniel
- Brother: Kodhmus McDaniel
- Sister: Tragil Wade
- Sister: Deanna Wade
- Nephew: Dahveon
- Nephew: Darin Johnson
- Cousin: Nykea Aldridge (Deceased)
- Father-in-Law name: Sylvester Union
- Mother-in-Law name: Theresa Union
Dwyane Wade Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Dwyane Wade with his past and current girlfriend details.
Dwyane Wade dated:
- Siohvaughn Funches (1992-June 2010) – Dwyane Wade married his high school girlfriend Siohvaughn Funches in 2002. He filed for divorce in 2007, which was granted after a lengthy and acrimonious court battle in 2010. The next year, he was granted sole custody of the couple’s two sons.
- Kelly Rowland (2007)
- Vanessa Simmons (September 2008) – (RUMOR)
- Aja Metoyer (2011) – Dwyane Wade and longtime friend Aja Metoyer had a fling, and conceived a son.
- Gabrielle Union (October 2009-PRESENT) – Dwyane Wade is married to actress Gabrielle Union, after the couple broke up briefly in 2013. During that time, Dwyane Wade and Aja Metoyer had a child together. Dwyane Wade and Gabrielle Union became engaged in December 2013, and married on 30 August 2014 in Miami, Florida.
Dwyane Wade Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Dwyane Wade Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 6′ 4″
- Height in Centimeters: 193 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 220 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 100 kg
In order to maintain a healthier diet Dwyane Wade decided to hire a personal chef. With the help of Chef Richard Ingraham, his new diet encompasses the following:
- When he was eating unhealthy a large portion of his diet was high in carbs and fat. He now includes fish (like grouper and sea bass), yet still avoids most seafood.
- He dislikes vegetables, but will eat cauliflower, asparagus, and zucchini.
- Chef Richard Ingraham tries to incorporate better carbohydrates (such as farro, quinoa, brown rice, and sweet potatoes) into Dwyane Wade’s diet.
- Chef Richard Ingraham creates healthier versions of comfort (like sweet potato pancakes).
Dwyane Wade uses his off-seasons to lose weight. With his recurring knee injuries, shedding weight allows him to remove pressure from that would cause stress over the course of an 82-game season. In 2015, he utilized trainer Luther Freeman’s #30DayTransformation method.
Weight Loss Before and After
In the 2015 off-season (in 30 days):
- Before: 228.2 lbs. (104 kg)
- After: 216.5 lbs. (98 kg)
Dwayne Wade’s workout is designed for those who wish to excel at basketball and is specifically geared towards improving at the sport, and encompass the following:
- Full-Body Focus: This involves training each body part with a very high volume only once per week – inducing enough fatigue that the body part requires a full week to heal.
- Bring on the Supersets: A large majority of his workout involves supersets of multiple exercises. In other words, many of the exercises are performed back-to-back with no rest between them.
- Be Explosive: He performs each repetition during the workout as quickly and explosively as possible.