Dolly Parton Bio
Dolly Rebecca Parton, born on 19 January 1946 in Sevier County, Tennessee, is an American singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, record producer, author, actress, businesswoman and philanthropist. She is best known as a country music singer.
Dolly Parton released her debut studio album, Hello, I’m Dolly, in 1967. Up until 2016, she has released a total of 43 studio albums. She made her film debut in the 1980 comedy 9 to 5 and has also had numerous television roles and television appearances as a singer. In 2007 she released her first single from her own record company, Dolly Records.
As the most honored female country performer of all time, Dolly Parton has won eight Grammy Awards, three American Music Awards, ten Country Music Association Awards, seven Academy of Country Music Awards and the Country Music Association’s Entertainer of the Year Award. She has also achieved 25 RIAA certified Gold, Platinum and Multi-Platinum awards, with the all-inclusive sales of singles, albums, hits collections and digital downloads surpassing 100 million worldwide.
Dolly Parton Personal Details
- Born Name: Dolly Rebecca Parton
- Age (in 2017): 71
- Date of Birth: January 19, 1946
- Birthplace: Sevierville, Tennessee, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Occupation: Singer, Actress, Songwriter, Author, Businesswoman, Humanitarian
- Net worth: 500 Million
- Official Website: http://dollyparton.com/
- Official Twitter: @DollyParton
Dolly Parton Family Tree
- Husband name: Carl Thomas Dean
- No children
- Father name: Robert Lee Parton
- Mother name: Avie Lee (née Owens)
- Brother: Randy Parton
- Brother: Robert Lee Parton Jr.
- Brother: Floyd Parton
- Brother: Larry Gerald Parton
- Brother: David Wilburn Parton
- Brother: Coy Denver Parton
- Sister: Stella Parton
- Sister: Rachel Dennison
- Sister: Willadeene Parton
- Sister: Freida Estelle Parton
- Sister: Cassie Nan Parton
- Nephew name: Timothy C. Rauhoff
Dolly Parton Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Dolly Parton with her past and current boyfriend details.
Dolly Parton dated:
- Carl Thomas Dean (1964-PRESENT) – Dolly Parton married Carl Thomas Dean on 30 May 1966 in Ringgold, Georgia. In honor of their fiftieth wedding anniversary, the couple renewed their vows in May 2016.
Dolly Parton Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Dolly Parton Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 5′ 0″
- Height in Centimeters: 152 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 106 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 48 kg
- Body Measurements in Inches: 41-25-38 inches
- Body Measurements in Centimeters: 104-64-97 cm
- Bra Size: 35DD
- Cup Size: DD
Diet and Exercise Plan
Dolly Parton hates exercising and doesn’t follow starvation diets. Instead, she follows a high-energy lifestyle and a low-carb diet. She also adheres to portion control when it comes to food. She is also not a stranger to plastic surgery and would opt for the surgical method of removing excess body fat and flab.
In 1984, at the age of 36, Dolly Parton underwent a partial hysterectomy. Following the surgery, she gained weight for the first time in her life. In order to shed the extra pounds, she cleaned up her junk food diet and did weight training.
In 2016 Dolly Parton noticeably lost weight, which she credited to her low carb, portion controlled diet. She followed her diet weekly but allowed herself a cheat day. Furthermore, she also tried recipes from a diet book.
Dolly Parton Fun Facts
Dolly Parton Quotes
“A lot of people have said I’d have probably done better in my career if I hadn’t looked so cheap and gaudy. But I dress to be comfortable for me, and you shouldn’t be blamed because you want to look pretty.”
“My weaknesses have always been food and men – in that order.”
“People make jokes about my bosoms, why don’t they look underneath the breasts at the heart? It’s obvious I’ve got big ones and if people want to assume they’re not mine, then let them.”