David Duchovny Bio
David William Duchovny, born on 7 August 1960 in New York, New York, is an American actor, writer, producer, director, novelist and singer-songwriter. He is best known for his roles as FBI Agent Fox Mulder on the sci-fi horror action drama show The X-Files, and writer Hank Moody on the comedy-drama series Californication.
David Duchovny’s first acting job was in 1987 in a commercial for Löwenbräu beer. He made his film debut in 1988 in the romantic comedy-drama Working Girl. In 1990 he appeared on television for the first time in an episode of Twin Peaks.
David Duchovny starred in The X-Files, from 1993 to 2002, and returned in a six-episode continuation in 2016. He also featured in the films The X-Files: Fight the Future(1998) and The X-Files: I Want to Believe (2008). From 2015 to 2016 he starred in and executive produced the period crime drama television series Aquarius.
David Duchovny Personal Details
- Born Name: David William Duchovny
- Age (in 2017): 57
- Date of Birth: August 7, 1960
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Occupation: Actor
- Net worth: 60 Million
- Official Website: –
- Official Twitter: @davidduchovny
David Duchovny Family Tree
- Wife name: Téa Leoni (Divorced)
- Boy: Kyd Miller Duchovny
- Daughter: Madelaine West Duchovny
- Father name: Amram “Ami” Duchovny
- Mother name: Margaret “Meg” (née Miller)
- Brother: Daniel Duchovny
- Sister: Laurie Duchovny
- Nephew name: Luca Birnbaum
- Nephew name: Gabriel Birnbaum
David Duchovny Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for David Duchovny with his past and current girlfriend details.
David Duchovny dated:
- Samantha Phillips – David Duchovny dated American actress Samantha Phillips.
- Ashley Judd – David Duchovny had a rumored encounter with American actress Ashley Judd. (RUMOR)
- Maggie Wheeler – David Duchovny dated American actress Maggie Wheeler.
- Brooke Ainsley – David Duchovny dated Brooke Ainsley.
- Sheryl Lee (1991-1992) – David Duchovny dated German actress Sheryl Lee.
- Perrey Reeves (1992-1995) – David Duchovny dated American actress Perrey Reeves.
- Mandy Komlosy(October 1992) – David Duchovny had an encounter with Mandy Komlosy.
- Sharon Stone (1993) David Duchovny had an encounter with American actress Sharon Stone.
- Dana Wheeler-Nicholson (1995-1996) – David Duchovny dated American actress Dana Wheeler-Nicholson.
- Lisa Loeb (1995) – David Duchovny had an encounter with American singer Lisa Loeb.
- Winona Ryder (1996) – David Duchovny had an encounter with American actress Winona Ryder.
- Téa Leoni (January 1997-June 2011) – David Duchovny married American actress Téa Leoni on 13 May 1997. They have two children together. The couple separated in June 2011, and their divorce was finalized in June 2014.
- Gillian Anderson (2012) – David Duchovny was rumored to have dated American actress Gillian Anderson. (RUMOR)
David Duchovny Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
David Duchovny Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 6′ 0″
- Height in Centimeters: 183 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 170 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 77 kg
David Duchovny calls himself a “lazy vegetarian”, which means that, for the most part, he doesn’t eat red meat. He does, however, eat fish.
David Duchovny’s workout routine include weightlifting, training for triathlons and yoga. He also enjoys sporting activities, like boxing, basketball and baseball.
David Duchovny Fun Facts
David Duchovny Career Highlights & Awards
- 1995 – Sci-Fi Universe: Best Actor in a TV Series (The X-Files)
- 1996 – National TV Awards: Most Popular Actor (The X-Files)
- 1997 – Aftonbladet TV Prize: Best Foreign TV Personality (The X-Files)
- 1997 – Golden Globe Awards: Best Actor-Television Series Drama (The X-Files)
- 1997 – Satellite Awards: Best Actor-Television Series Drama (The X-Files)
- 1999 – American Comedy Awards: Funniest Male Guest Appearance in a Television Series (The Larry Sanders Show)
- 2008 – Golden Globe Awards: Best Actor-Television Series Musical or Comedy (Californication)
David Duchovny Quotes
“I’ve made so many mistakes. But it is my feeling that you learn from failures, so I welcome them as often as I can.”
“If you’re smart, you’ll always be humble. You can learn all you want, but there’ll always be somebody who’s never read a book who’ll know twice what you know.”
“I lost my virginity when I was 14. And I haven’t been able to find it.”