Busta Rhymes Bio
Trevor George Smith, Jr. (known by his stage name Busta Rhymes), born on 20 May 1972 in Brooklyn, New York, is an American rapper, actor, record producer and record executive. Since 1996 he has released nine studio albums and has received 11 Grammy Award nominations for his musical work.
Busta Rhymes was originally a member of Leaders of the New School, formed in 1989. In 2010 he founded his record label Conglomerate Records. He also formed production crew The Conglomerate (formerly Flipmode Squad).
In 1993 he made his acting debut with a cameo role in the film Who’s the Man?. The same year he also featured as part of an ensemble cast in the television film Strapped.
Busta Rhymes Personal Details
- Born Name: Trevor George Smith, Jr.
- Age (in 2017): 45
- Date of Birth: May 20, 1972
- Birthplace: Red Hook, New York City, New York, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Occupation: Rapper, Actor
- Net worth: 20 Million
- Official Website: –
- Official Twitter: @BustaRhymes
Busta Rhymes Family Tree
- Wife name: Not married
- Boy: T’Khi Wood-Smith
- Boy: T’Ziah Wood-Smith
- Boy: Trillian Wood-Smith
- Daughter: Mariah Smith
- Father name: Trevor Smith
- Mother name: Geraldine Green
- Brother: Paul Smith
Busta Rhymes Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Busta Rhymes with his past and current girlfriend details.
Busta Rhymes dated:
- Joanne Wood – Busta Rhymes dated Joanne Wood, and the couple have three children together.
- Karrine Steffans – Busta Rhymes had an encounter with American author Karrine Steffans.
- Eden Har’el (1998) – Busta Rhymes had an encounter with Israeli video jockey Eden Har’el.
- Deelishis (November 2006 -April 2007) – Busta Rhymes dated American reality television personality Deelishis.
Busta Rhymes Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Busta Rhymes Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 6′ 1″
- Height in Centimeters: 185 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 238 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 108 kg
Busta Rhymes follows a high protein, zero carb diet and eats about 4500 calories daily. He eats six meals (three food meal and three shakes) and drinks a gallon of water a day. Foods included in his diet are bison meat, turkey burger meat, steak, salmon, tilapia, sautéed spinach, sautéed asparagus and steamed broccoli. When he does eat carbs he will have a fist-size amount of sweet potato or rice. The portion size of his meats is 10 ounces. He allows himself a cheat meal occasionally but will check with his personal trainer first.
Busta Rhymes works out with a personal trainer in the gym and does a combination of weight training and cardio (elliptical or cycling). He also does cardio every day at home and will walk or cycle.
Busta Rhymes works four days a week when he has a busier work schedule, and five or six days a week when he has less work.
Busta Rhymes Fun Facts
Busta Rhymes Career Highlights & Awards
- 1999 – The Source Awards: Music Video of the Year (What’s It Gonna Be?! (featuring Janet Jackson))
- 2000 – Soul Train Music Awards: The Michael Jackson Award for Best R&B/Soul or Rap Music Video (What’s It Gonna Be)
- 2006 – BET Hip Hop Awards: Best Live Performance
- 2006 – BET Hip Hop Awards: Move the Crowd Award
- 2011 – BET Hip Hop Awards: Best Hip Hop Video (Look at Me Now, with Chris Brown and Lil Wayne)
- 2011 – BET Hip Hop Awards: Reese’s Perfect Combo Award (Look at Me Now, with Chris Brown and Lil Wayne)
- 2011 – BET Hip Hop Awards: Sweet 16-Best Featured Verse (Look at Me Now, with Chris Brown and Lil Wayne)
- 2011 – BET Hip Hop Awards: Verizon People’s Champ Award (Look at Me Now, with Chris Brown and Lil Wayne)
Busta Rhymes Quotes
“My making it is a combination of grinding, grinding, grinding and being lucky enough to finally get a shot.”
“Hip-hop reflects the truth, and the problem is that hip-hop exposes a lot of the negative truth that society tries to conceal. It’s a platform where we could offer information, but it’s also an escape.”