Anthony Bourdain Bio
Anthony Michael Bourdain, born on 25 June 1956 in New York City, New York, is an American chef, author and television personality. He is best known for his 2000 book Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly.
Anthony Bourdain graduated from the Culinary Institute of America in 1978. After running various restaurant kitchens in New York City, he became executive chef at Brasserie Les Halles in 1998.
From 1995 to 2015 he wrote five fiction and seven nonfiction books. The popularity of his book Kitchen Confidential led to the Fox sitcom Kitchen Confidential (2005), in which the character Jack Bourdain is loosely based on Anthony Bourdain.
From 2002 to 2003 Anthony Bourdain hosted a food and world-travel show, A Cook’s Tour, on the Food Network. Next, he hosted two shows on the Travel Channel; Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations (2005–2012) and The Layover (2011–2013). Since 2013 he has been hosting Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown for CNN.
Anthony Bourdain Personal Details
- Born Name: Anthony Michael Bourdain
- Age (in 2017): 61
- Date of Birth: June 25, 1956
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Occupation: Chef
- Net worth: 6 Million
- Official Website: –
- Official Twitter: @Bourdain
Anthony Bourdain Family Tree
- Wife name: Nancy Putkoski (Divorced)
- Wife name: Ottavia Busia (Divorced)
- Daughter: Ariane Bourdain
- Father name: Pierre Bourdain
- Mother name: Gladys Bourdain (née Sacksman)
- Brother: Christopher Bourdain
Anthony Bourdain Relationship History
Below is the relationship and dating history for Anthony Bourdain with his past and current girlfriend details.
Anthony Bourdain dated:
- Nancy Putkoski (1985-2005) – Anthony Bourdain married his high-school girlfriend Nancy Putkoski in 1985.
- Ottavia Busia (2007-2016) – Anthony Bourdain married Ottavia Busia on 20 April 2007. They have one child together.
Anthony Bourdain Body Measurements, Weight Loss, Diet and Exercise Routine
Anthony Bourdain Body Measurements
- Height in Feet: 6′ 4″
- Height in Centimeters: 193 cm
- Weight in Pounds: 185 pounds
- Weight in Kilogram: 84 kg
Anthony Bourdain trains in Brazilian jiu-jitsu every single day and has earned a blue belt in the combat sport.
Anthony Bourdain Fun Facts
Anthony Bourdain Career Highlights & Awards
- 2001 – Bon Appétit magazine: Food Writer of the Year (Kitchen Confidential)
- 2002 – British Guild of Food Writers: Food Book of the Year (A Cook’s Tour)
- 2008 – Inducted into the James Beard Foundation’s Who’s Who of Food and Beverage in America
- 2009 & 2011 – Creative Arts Emmy Award: Outstanding Cinematography for Nonfiction Programming (Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations)
- 2010 – Clio Awards: Honorary Award
- 2012 – Critics’ Choice Awards: Best Reality Series (Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations)
- 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 – Emmy Award: Outstanding Informational Series or Special (Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown)
- 2014 – Peabody Award (Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown)
Anthony Bourdain Quotes
“You can call me the bad boy chef all you want. I’m not going to freak out about it. I’m not that bad. I’m certainly not a boy, and it’s been a while since I’ve been a chef.”
“’Kitchen Confidential’ wasn’t a cautionary or an expose. I wrote it as an entertainment for New York tri-state area line cooks and restaurant lifers, basically; I had no expectation that it would move as far west as Philadelphia.”
“I hated the Naked Chef. Fine, yes, he did good things for school food or whatever, but, you know, I don’t want my chefs to be cute and adorable.”